Ashton Bikes?

nathie wafie

Like or dislike???  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Do you.. like OR dislike the new ashton frames?? (colour, styling aesthetics...)

• LIKE!!
    • DISLIKE!!

Although not my choice for colours i have to say that it is nice to have something a bit different. And i can see it perhaps attracting some youngsters to have at least a look and maybe they will decide to see what all this trials lark is about..

I had an email from Martyn today, part of which says ..."These are images of my bikes not the production ones so the parts will be more affordable on the complete bikes. They do give an idea of the team designs though."

.. i do know from speaking to him that the geo is different and he has been playing around with different frame lengths etc... also the rear disc mount has appeared inside the rear triangle as he said back at the local show when we last spoke. I believe it is a good idea to perhaps keep the price a bit lower to attract newer riders into trying something that is a proper trials bike instead of just a small mtb. And as hinted in the sarcastic comments above, something Martyn is very good at is getting trials out there and spreading the word. He was part of the duo that first enabled the public to see biketrials instead of it being only for the few.

Edited by r2wtrials

Anyone know if the geo is the same as the 06's?

at the moment I would say unlikely. I think its going to be a bit more like the proto martyn has been riding for ages - maybe similar to the one ali rode ? its not set yet though ?

at the moment I would say unlikely. I think its going to be a bit more like the proto martyn has been riding for ages - maybe similar to the one ali rode ? its not set yet though ?

No way! They were the best riding frames ever.

No way! They were the best riding frames ever.

He he. Thats what i thought about the silver ashtons, then the black and red ones came out then they became the best riding frames ever....See a pattern here, we might be lucky and the new ones will be minted.

As bad as I may think the paint job looks on the 26, ill still be saving up for one.

ashtons are definitely not the best riding frames ever!!!!

maybe its peoples set ups, but i have never ridden a nice one! No offence martyn, but you should have recognised me at t in the park

EDIT @ 17.20pm - Ross i know your going to make some funny joke about this, but dont because its predictable :P

Edited by ben_travis

• 2 months later...

I think the colours are a bit much, but nothing a spray can can't sort out.

The 24" looks really nice but then I like 24" bikes.

the 24" looks nicer to everyone than the 26 which has the green parts distracting the eye from the overall design.

I remember those old loud BMX days and they sucked then, but if you look at the colours that BMX's are coming out in this year the Ashton bikes are not loud at all, and the kids are loving the bright dayglo coloured BMX's.

I think they will appeal to the younger masses, which is a very good thing.

Look at the picture of the soon to be coming Koxx Purple sky, now thats a clowns bike if ever I have seen one.

Blah,blah,blah,blah.............................