Ashton Bikes?

nathie wafie

Like or dislike???  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Do you.. like OR dislike the new ashton frames?? (colour, styling aesthetics...)

• LIKE!!
    • DISLIKE!!

Yea I posted them up in the Cycle Show topic...prob better in here though...cheers.

Rumblestiltskin (Sp?) came up with a good one........."The names sound like Digestion Tablets" lol

They are A bit "much" for me to be honest. Too much colour makes them look heavy....Yea yea, laugh all you like Trav.

resolve1-600wtxt.jpg

effect2-600wtxt.jpg

That'll save folk going into the website. (Y)

Edited by Ross McArthur

Much preferred the bare metal look of Ben's bike at the Hook woods round.

Totally agree. The bare metal look is much nicer with the white stickers.

Mind you, thats the "trend" right now with trials frames, silver and white, I could name quite a few companies releasing frames like this.

God knows what Martyn was thinking with these paint jobs. Although, Ben Travis and myself were talking to Martyn at T in the Park and im sure he mentioned he wanted to make the frames look like the old style BMX frame paint jobs he grew fond of a number of years ago.

Anyone know what he might be on about?

You'd think he'd get them painted so they appeal to the public and sell better rather than appeal to his childhood memories... :-

Exactly what i was thinking.

Why design paint jobs that are only going to look "good" in a Animal Show type situation. Where Martyn gets parts which are going to compliment the bike. Some folk, if they bought the frame, would not have matching parts, colour wise.

Ok im nit picking. Most folk will have either black or silver parts that will go with anything if they bought the frame. Maybe thats the reason Martyn put green components on the build, to show that things dont have to match to look good.....in his eyes.

I wonder if the price of the frame will go up because its a complicated looking paint job??

Aaaaarrrrggggg why Martyn, why!! :lol:

Yer I saw them at cycle this year. My favouite one is the resolve. If you look closely on the effect(second one) you will see this:

It is a seat clamp mounted gear shifter, I got the picture at cycle this year. :)

post-18103-1225274394_thumb.jpg

Edited by onzat-comprider

For the 24, and most of the other bikes. Martyn told me he wanted bikes coloured this way so they wud appeal to younger kids aswell as are age group and the public. The bikes looked great at the show and stud out alot.

Kinder (Spiderman - Teenage mutant hero Turtles) Graphics

Edited by John Shrewsbury

I think that's part of the problem though... those bikes wouldn't look out of place in the Argos catalogue with stabilisers on!

Exactly. Whos going to buy A £250+ trials bike frame? A kid, or a trials rider? Get your market right Martyn!!

It seems that most folk dont like them so far.

Yes, Martyn might think hes doing trials a favour by getting younger people into the sport by making the bikes look more appealing to younger people.

At the end of the day Martyn is running a business by making and selling frames, not trying to get kids into sport....who does he think he is? Jamie Oliver?

jamie_oliver.jpg

When i first saw them i wasn't sure if i liked the paint jobs or not. But after looking at them a few times, they have really grown on me and i think the paint jobs look really cool! Especially on the 24" bike (is it the effect?). I want them both! :lol:

Edited by mikee999

To be honest, I kind of like them in a strange way, but then I've always been one for slightly more adventurous colour schemes. People moan so much about plain silver frames, then when companies like Ashton, Koxx and Onza start to design something different and colourful, people moan and say they want plain silver... is there no please with you?? :P

They are a bit "out there" in terms of colour schemes, but in a couple of years time this sort of style will be considered "old fashioned" and all frames will have something different again.

Maybe if the block colours could be customizable so you could match the frame to your current set-up? Lets face it though, if the frame doesnt match your current set up, you can be damn sure people will go out and buy new parts to match it all and make it all coloured co-ordinated.