Yea... Another New One

that NBR dude

Ok so yea.... another new bike. I wont try and count how may I've had, I've not got enough fingers and toes.

Anywho, enjoy my Monty Kamel-alike....

pbpic2613755.jpg

For those that haven't guessed, its not really a Kamel, I'm not that rich. Its a Bionic B 4 and its really nice. Specced up with mostly Monty ti parts, no idea on weight yet, but I'll give you a figure later on. Just needs grips on it now.

Andy

Edited by that NBR dude

I don't want to start a discussion and stray off topic, but what Bionic is doing is really getting on my nerves. Ok, we've seen companies copy other designs which is inevitable but most if not all Bionic frames are rip off's - XTP, GU Le, Adamant, 221K etc. I've lost all my respect to Yao Zhi. Seriously, what a clot.

Bike looks great dude.

I don't want to start a discussion and stray off topic, but what Bionic is doing is really getting on my nerves. Ok, we've seen companies copy other designs which is inevitable but most if not all Bionic frames are rip off's - XTP, GU Le, Adamant, 221K etc. I've lost all my respect to Yao Zhi. Seriously, what a clot.

Bike looks great dude.

Oh no, dont worry. I'll be the first to hold my hands up and say I am a hypocrite, as I was part of the slagging match about this very frame. I have absolutely no respect for the company as a whole, and if circumstances were different I wouldn't have one, and I would have bought a Kamel.

Problem I found is I wanted to go rear disc, and there are very few disc frames I actually like. I wanted a Kamel, but I dont see the point in paying 9x as much, for what is essentially the same frame. Theres minor differences in geometry, and by minor I mean literally mm's difference.

The plan originally was to spray it up and put the Monty Kamel stickers on it, but I figured I'd get more bad press from doing that, than jus admitting its a blatent copy.

Oh no, dont worry. I'll be the first to hold my hands up and say I am a hypocrite, as I was part of the slagging match about this very frame. I have absolutely no respect for the company as a whole, and if circumstances were different I wouldn't have one, and I would have bought a Kamel.

Nah, I understand you completely. If I were to build up a mod now, I'd get the same frame you've got. Kamels are lovely but expensive, this Bionic is lovely and cheap. So I guess we're both hypocrites :P

Nah, I understand you completely. If I were to build up a mod now, I'd get the same frame you've got. Kamels are lovely but expensive, this Bionic is lovely and cheap. So I guess we're both hypocrites :P

Its a difficult one isn't it. I cant respect the company for the blatent copying of a design, but I can appreciate what they are doing, and providing the design for a wider group of people.

In the same way, I respect Monty for what they've done for the sport and the innovation in design, but I can't understand how they can justify the excessive prices, especially as another company has proved they can still make money by selling it at 9x less.

Edited by that NBR dude