New To Trial Bikes.

Casholini

hello everybody,

for about 2 years now i am watching trial bike movies at youtube etc. and i always want to do it by myself. after this 2 years í think i'm finaly ready to do it. the only thing is, i do not know how to start and choose a bike. i made up a list of beginner bikes ( i think) from tartybikes. they are all between 250 and 400f and i need to ship it to the netherlands. ( thats where i'm from). mayde it's good to know that i'm about 5,9ft and i realy want to bike a 20".

the list:

Onza T-Vee '08

Onza T-Bird '08

Onza Rip

Onza Bird

Yaabaa 449 Senior

Monty 219 Alp

Yaabaa 499

Monty 219 Alp '08

please help me choose and tell me why.

( i'm sorry for language, it's beause i'm from the netherlands and my English is not so good!)

It may be worth looking into buying second hand, for £400 you can get alot more for your money second hand.

Wait until your validated and look in the classifieds section :)

Although it might be hard to find someone willing to ship to the Netherlands.

By the way, your English is much better than my Dutch :P

yeah i know, i allready thought about that. but i think i just want a new one. so can you take a look at it one more time please :P

any reason why you want a 20" ?

as for me I would say (going against the norm) - Koxx acid drop. 26. Fairly streety geometry - very neutral. simple. cheap. fairly well spec'd. Will make you learn all round bike skills (not just to sidehop). AND has a seat. win.

any reason why you want a 20" ?

as for me I would say (going against the norm) - Koxx acid drop. 26. Fairly streety geometry - very neutral. simple. cheap. fairly well spec'd. Will make you learn all round bike skills (not just to sidehop). AND has a seat. win.

the reason i want a 20"? it's just because i like it more, it's more me i think than a 26". not that a 26 wouldn't be nice but what i have seen from the 20 is more like how i like to ride in the future. i got enough time to practice and my own spot allready ^^ winter in holland.... to much rain so i can start practicing in a old building near my place, it's empty.

If you want to try out trials ,i wouldnt throw £400 straight in. I think a well set up secound hand onza t-pro would do the job well.(which should only cost £150-£200)

But on the other hand a second hand bike could have a bad history, dont know if its bodged and worth £2.50.

so a secound hand t-pro or a brand new onza t-bird ,i think would be the way to go , hope this helps.

adam