Help Us Please

dantheman

hello could anyone out there please help us ive just bought one of these trail bikes for my son he loves his bikes and we have a bloody garden full. But just got this one from a police auction but we seem to be struggling identifying this bike the bike itself is what i have been told a trail bike it has a bend in the top bar and very small wheels the head set has the name base and handlebars are the same make. the rims are alex and the peddles and crank are base the bike has got the stickers on but this is where my boys confused it says kona but this seems to be cut into a sticker with da bomb on it the front of the frame also has a small k and also on the bar what holds the seat post has a small sticker allso showing a k its just we have looked on the web and not been able to find this bike if anyone out there has any ideas would be a great help ps the frame is very light and very well welded i think it could be alloy and allso has a alloy sort of guard on the bottom near the crank if anyone could give us any info it would be great thanks

From the sounds of it its a base or mabe a Da bomb. Do you have any pics?

NOT YET BUT I WILL TRY TO GET SOME ON ITS JUST WE DONT KNOW AT ALL. THESE BIKES ARE ALL NEW TO MY BOY HE IS JUST GETTING INTO THIS TYPE OF BIKE AND WITH IT HAVING THE KONA ALL OVER IT THE BIKE LOOKS LIKE THEY HAVE TRIED TO DISGUSE IT WITH A THIN COAT OF BLACK SPRAY BUT IT LOOKS LIKE IT WAS BLACK IN THE FIRST PLACE DO ARE KONA AND DA BOMB THE SAME COMPANY ??? DID THEY MAKE A BIKE WITH A KONA FRAME AND DA BOMB BITS?? WE REALLY DONT KNOW BUT I WILL ASK MY BOY TO TAKE SOME PICS AND HE WILL KNOW HOW TO GET THEM ON HERE

NOT YET BUT I WILL TRY TO GET SOME ON ITS JUST WE DONT KNOW AT ALL. THESE BIKES ARE ALL NEW TO MY BOY HE IS JUST GETTING INTO THIS TYPE OF BIKE AND WITH IT HAVING THE KONA ALL OVER IT THE BIKE LOOKS LIKE THEY HAVE TRIED TO DISGUSE IT WITH A THIN COAT OF BLACK SPRAY BUT IT LOOKS LIKE IT WAS BLACK IN THE FIRST PLACE DO ARE KONA AND DA BOMB THE SAME COMPANY ??? DID THEY MAKE A BIKE WITH A KONA FRAME AND DA BOMB BITS?? WE REALLY DONT KNOW BUT I WILL ASK MY BOY TO TAKE SOME PICS AND HE WILL KNOW HOW TO GET THEM ON HERE

You aren't supposed to type in all capitals when posting according to the General Posting Rules under the guideline section on the website, just thought I'd let you know so you don't do it again. (Y).

Sounds like a 20" Base.

It's a trial bike not a trail bike.

The guard you mentioned is a bash guard, used when getting onto obstacles, saves your frame / chainring getting dented (Basically takes all the abuse so you don't damage the bike!)

cheers for that i noticed the chain ring was very small the bike looks like it could have been expensive when new but for 20 quid i thought it was a bargain and so do my 2 lads who have started a new world war on whos going to use it on the bmx track which is only 5 min away so you can imagin the ammount of dammaged bikes we have but this one looks like it could take some hammer lets just wait and see thanks again

Those sentences would lead to a death of suffocation if spoke out loud. :P

Anyway, sounds like it was a Base frame built up with various parts. Or maybe a complete then upgraded or changed over time. Like said some pics would be beneficial to telling what it actually is.

Those sentences would lead to a death of suffocation if spoke out loud. :P

Anyway, sounds like it was a Base frame built up with various parts. Or maybe a complete then upgraded or changed over time. Like said some pics would be beneficial to telling what it actually is.

thanks mate we are in the process of getting some pics done today i only give 20 quid for the bike from auction and the lads are out on it now up the track so if it comes back in one bit which looking at it it will looks like it will take loads of stick i will get back to you with pics thanks again

Looks a lot like a Da Bomb Skool/School.

From what i can see the spec is some where along the lines of:

Da Bomb Frame

Onza/Da bomb forks

Muscle man cranks

Base Flat bars

Bas stem ?

Onza wheels ?

Shimano vee brake ?

Just working with what i can see their so i doubt it's accuracy :P

Not bad for £20 either ;)

GT pedals aswell i do believe, look very similar to mine :)

Edited by â„¢Adam-Griffinâ„¢

Da Bomb Frame

Onza/Da bomb forks

Muscle man cranks

Base Flat bars

Bas stem ?

Onza wheels ?

Shimano vee brake ?

Da Bomb Frame

Onza/Da bomb forks

Muscle man cranks

Base Flat bars

Bas stem ?

Onza wheels ?

Shimano vee brake ?

thanks adam whats bugging me is the sticker on the side if you look carefully says kona but allso da bomber so it would be great if i could find out more about this .its just i cant find anything with this sticker on the web its prob my fault im prob not looking in the right place thanks again

The frame looks like an old t-vee or t-bird that has been sprayed black with da bomb and kona stickers placed on top.

Da Bomb Frame

Onza/Da bomb forks

Muscle man cranks

Base Flat bars

Bas stem ?

Onza wheels ?

Shimano vee brake ?

If you look carefully you can just about make out base on the cranks(not being rude, just trying to help :))

It's bit of a dirty dog.

Take that hideous seat off and buy a rear break! and she'll b aight.

Oh and its not a bmx bike by the way, not meant for taking around a bmx track, the gearings far too low and the back tyres far too fat. It just wont happen :P

Look through some of the media section, you'll get an idea what trials is.

EDIT: oh yea, its a da bomb with some BASE/onza parts.

Edited by Jaffacakes

It's bit of a dirty dog.

Take that hideous seat off and buy a rear break! and she'll b aight.

Oh and its not a bmx bike by the way, not meant for taking around a bmx track, the gearings far too low and the back tyres far too fat. It just wont happen :P

Look through some of the media section, you'll get an idea what trials is.

EDIT: oh yea, its a da bomb with some BASE/onza parts.

yeah cheers jaffa i only bought the bike because the boys bloody smash every bike they have had on the track. we live about 5 min from a championship track and i thought this bike just looked like it would last alot longer than the others. i noticed the gearing but i dont think it will matter when there screaming down the hill thanks alot everyone for helping out with the id on this bike its a sound forum with some sound guys in here thanks again