New Job Interview ! - 20 Mins Help ! *i Got The Job !*

Pashley26

Hi guy's, just got a phone call and my local bike shop are after me working there.

I worked in Cycleworks for 2 years and did really well there. But because they trained me up I don't know what I've missed ?

I've sent them my CV which they are impressed with but I think I've forgotten the basics ?

Can you just give me some quick tips on "bike related" questions they'll probably ask ? Obviously i'm dressed very smart and i've brushed my pegs and all, it's just the Bike nitty gritty that I might have forgot. Mainly techy stuff involved when selling bikes/parts.

I'd breeze through it normally being Mr Cool and all, but I NEED* a job SO* bad otherwise i'm going to loose my flat, so i'm kinda tense !

20 Min's to go before I leave, so please help me !!!

Cheers !

*Words cannot describe how much/serious I mean this !

Edited by Pashley26

Jarrod, if it's a bike shop interview you WILL know the basics when they ask the questions. Be calm, you'll be fine. They might ask you things like sizing, like "what size wheels should a bike for a 12 year old have?" and stuff like that. But if it's only the basics you've forgotten, they are easily learnt again and you can put that across during the interview.

Are we talking push bike shop? If so I found it helped to express an interest in all types of bike. It's all well and good saying 'yeah I ride trials and can tell you anything you need to know about stupid bikes with no seats' but it's good to be able to say 'but I've also worked on/used roadie's, fixie's, cross country bikes etc and have an interest in cycling in general'. Knowing a little about strange roadie gear shifters etc can't be a bad thing.

right cheers guy's !

I know the boss isn't going to be there until 2 so i'm going to leave now to have a quick wander round the shop to gauge there stock and intended market !

So....

Chill,

Remember to breathe,

And remember I don't just like Trials.

Ok.

I'm off !!!! You'll be the second to know if I get it. Again, thanks guy's !

Keep it real, and make everything sound as best you can.

Personally, I wouldnt take advice from this guy.

NO WAY?!

Personally, i'd go in, make everything fake and do as bad as you can.

To be fair this is Pashley26, if anything it's a massively good idea to try and hide his personality not only when speaking at a job interview, but also when talking to people in general.

To be fair this is Pashley26, if anything it's a massively good idea to try and hide his personality not only when speaking at a job interview, but also when talking to people in general.

*Return to normal mode.

I got the job :D

Edited by Pashley26