Need Help Please - Asap

BenLeacock™

I would say you where more then generous to have the wheels trued in the first place. No used bike is a new bike, he's a wank for sure if he expected a new bike, peddle wobble-give me a brake you wank-your new peddle will wobble in a few days...

You should keep the 20 and buy yourself a spoke tool, and a few pints to forget about this ass-hat.

Did you sell it with a warranty?

Its second hand, it didn't arrive in a state other than described, its really nice of you to offer anything for the wheel truing to be fair, so any mores a joke.

If the shops happy to charge piss take prices like that, I'm sure they're also happy to make up shit being wrong with bikes. I work in halfords, who as everyone knows are rip offs, and its 10.99 per wheel for truing, and under 15 quid for BB fitting.

effectively a scammer?

Irony

Ben stop being such a mugg. the fact that you payed to get your wheels trued is totally beyond me! And the fact hes re-charged you is taking the f**king piss, if the wheel spins and the brake doesn't rub then its job done. He needs to learn what a 2nd hand bike is.... SECOND HAND, as in been used and abused for 8 months.

the shops called DEE'S cycles - ambersham bucks

:lol: That place is shiiittt. Used to employ half the dicks in Watford (read: 3 dicks, so a small percentage but there we go) untill they went under and movd out to Amersham to take advantage of all the old ladies out there instead :P

The reason I got it straightened in the first place was to avoid what has happened. If i was going to receive a bike id want it to be in working condition, and I believe I sold it in working condition. I don't want to give the forum name out as he HASN'T scammed me, just asked something that I thought was a bit of a joke. He is a full member. I don't really want to cause shit cause like I said he was a nice genuine guy - I guess just new to bikes and stuff. I'll have a word and see if we can come to some kind of agreement!

You say that, but if you recived a 2nd hand Bike and The Wheels were slighly Buckled* would you take it to a shop and Knowling pay £40 to have it Sorted before even talking to the Guy who Sold it to you (specialy if you told him before you sent it the Wheels have been trued).

Im willing to bet you wouldnt. You would Either be a man, ture it and get on with your life, Be a girl and Ask the Seller if they were buckeld before, and possibly ask them to send a spoke Key AT A PUSH. Or be a complete twat, pay someone £40 for 2 mins work and then send a bill for £77 asking for new parts.

How the hell do you Know he Hasnt been out riden it, Badly and done it himself?

*(lets face it: 4mm Is Nothing, And Who the Hell measures Rim Deflection when they Ture a Wheel, They dont, they Simply true it)

I think i sold a bike to your mate Dan Addison? I sorted out the wheels before sending, plus built the bike with fresh grease after cleaning them areas. Yet the pedal insert fell out a few days(?) or so after he got it. Very unfortunate and i wasn't pleased that it happened, but hell, it's not my responsibility to buy him a new crank or insert + fitment.

That's a fine example i say. The condition of the bike i supplied should be enough to show i'm a good seller so i feel fine at the end of the day. Like you should to. You paid that money for the bike repairs (even if it were expensive) so you shouldn't be responsible for what happens at his end.

He's clearly a dope anyway. :giggle:

I think i sold a bike to your mate Dan Addison? I sorted out the wheels before sending, plus built the bike with fresh grease after cleaning them areas. Yet the pedal insert fell out a few days(?) or so after he got it. Very unfortunate and i wasn't pleased that it happened, but hell, it's not my responsibility to buy him a new crank or insert + fitment.

That's a fine example i say. The condition of the bike i supplied should be enough to show i'm a good seller so i feel fine at the end of the day. Like you should to. You paid that money for the bike repairs (even if it were expensive) so you shouldn't be responsible for what happens at his end.

He's clearly a dope anyway. :giggle:

Yer thats a good example to be honest. I saw the bike come I built the bike, cranks were solid, after a few weeks (2weeks i THINK) the insert fell out. Not your fault at all !

Just whilst im here - is there anyway to completly strip a shimano UN52 bb ?

when i swapped my bike to a stock, the stem snapped and cranks rounded in a month + the steerer was cut way to short, i didn't have the cheek to ask for money for new parts or anything, this dumb f**ker needs to learn to repair his own f**king bike.