Is This Worth Doing?

mista-neos

Hi there my local bike shop has just got a trials bike in stock. It’s an Onza T-MAG 08 and its been used, it doesn’t have a single scratch on it. So it looks factory fresh and finding a used trials bike in that condition is hard. I have now test ridden twice and I love how it feels. The shop is asking 400 pounds for it and new its 750 pounds. So do you think I should buy this or leave it?

Thanks Blake

Edited by mista-neos

When you think you can get a top spec Zoo!/Echo/GU/Czar or something for that price if not cheaper, it's not that good.

But it's not a bad price...

But I bet they have taken quite a bashing :( most of the used bike I have purchased have been crap and never worked. So I don’t want that happening again.

Not always, and a bashing doesn't necessarily mean it's not upto much.

I'd put money on the fact that a bashed up Python last longer than a brand new T-mag.

Pretty much exactly what I was thinking while I was reading through. But if you're set on getting the T-Mag then good luck to you, I know how frustrating it can be to have to wait to find another good deal. One piece of advice would be not to worry about what needs upgrading at the moment as you sound quite new to the sport. Give it a while to learn what you need to upgrade before just chucking extra money at it.