Viz Rims For £2

grant_hundley

You lot would steal a wallet off a man who's on fire.

Shit attitude, trying to do a rider owned company over (N)

It's not exactly 'stealing a wallet'. No one's actually going to expect to get their rims for £2. It's just a laugh.

Edited by JT!

he didn't post it for a laugh, he posted it to tell people to get a bargain off a rider owned company for a small error in typing the price. Getting cheap crates of stella from ASDA for the same error is still wrong, but more understandable than doing it from one of our own...

I'd have to disagree. When i first opened the topic i just laughed, i didn't go in and oder 10 pairs of rims and get all excited that i was going to get a bargain.

I dunno, if i owned a bike shop and I had done that i'd just have a chuckle to myself when i saw the orders, write apology letters. Maybe even give them a code for 10% off their next order. And be glad of the high traffic of which this topic will have undoubtably created.

But if you're argument is calling me a tool you must be right.

x

Edited by JT!

I am right, it's shit that people who probably even know him, or at least know who he is and know it's a rider owned company would even post it on a forum instead of doing nothing or emailing him telling him of the mistake. If you thin i am wrong there, then you definately are a tool.

At the leastm you're a pedant for picking up on the fact that my analogy wasn't entirely even.

Tool :)

I did try getting in touch with Dan yesterday to let him know but their was no answer when i phoned and he wasn't on Msn, tried sending him an E-mail aswell but It wouldn't send for some reason :(

It is a bit shit when people try to take advantage of small typographical error.

I can also imagine people who ordered the rims and didn't get them for that price would have made topics slating Dan.

Disappointing really that no body (To my knowledge) Informed Dan before now :sleeping:

Exactly. "There's taking the piss and there's taking the piss".

What if you pissed on the man that was on fire to put him out, and rewarded yourself with his wallet?

But lets be honest, if you can get close enough to a man on fire to try and nick his wallet, your probaly going to be the next man on fire, then someone else comes along and its a repeat process

What use would a man on fire have for a wallet anyway?

Buy a fire extinguisher?

so whats happened eventually with the rims people ordered. i havent an email nor recieved anything yet.

Somebody I know got an Email saying there had been an Admin error and £23 needed to be payed. (Not that he would refund the £7 total paid ?)

They said, "Well. I'll have the rim for £2 plus postage, or my money back ?"

Then they got an automated email back saying something along the lines of "Nobody is available to answer your email at the moment, we will get back to you shortly"

Sorry bongo, but you know if you ran a supermarket and priced the tinned tomatoes at 1p, you'd have a lot of angry customers complaining why they cant have them. Although, correct me if Im wrong, but once the sale has gone through, then its a legally binding contract?

In the real life situation, if a customer comes up to me with a coat on a sale hangar, saying its £2, they'd try and tell me I have to sell it at that price when really its not until the point of payment that i have to sell it for the agreed price. Hell, I could tell them its £300 before they pay and change the price if i wanted, so long as its all done before tender is given.

Soooo if people haven't been charged then sorry, you wont be getting them :P I think I've gone away from your point john of it being a good friend to most people on here and people were taking advantage, but then again to some people, Trials-uk is LITERALLY just a shop.

im not thinking really straight cos im eating super noodles, but I think you get my point.

Sorry bongo, but you know if you ran a supermarket and priced the tinned tomatoes at 1p, you'd have a lot of angry customers complaining why they cant have them. Although, correct me if Im wrong, but once the sale has gone through, then its a legally binding contract?

In the real life situation, if a customer comes up to me with a coat on a sale hangar, saying its £2, they'd try and tell me I have to sell it at that price when really its not until the point of payment that i have to sell it for the agreed price. Hell, I could tell them its £300 before they pay and change the price if i wanted, so long as its all done before tender is given.

Soooo if people haven't been charged then sorry, you wont be getting them :P I think I've gone away from your point john of it being a good friend to most people on here and people were taking advantage, but then again to some people, Trials-uk is LITERALLY just a shop.

im not thinking really straight cos im eating super noodles, but I think you get my point.

Oh yeah, i'm not disputing law or anything like that, purely the moral side of it! I think it's shit lol.

What flavour super noodles??? Bacon? :wub:

Oh yeah, i'm not disputing law or anything like that, purely the moral side of it! I think it's shit lol.

You got to assume aswell, that some people (like me) thaught it was a genuine price reduction.

So not everyone who bought rims are taking advantage of his error, just the fact that somewhere has advertised a popular rim for peanuts.