First Mod Pro2 ?

ste_racca

That said, in that thread, they made one overnight

But that just makes it worse, the fact they can do it so quick and won't.

who said they are not eh??? hehe

they have many other projects on and they are being tested at the moment, i have one on my bike...................

the one made two years ago was by me for personal use, not made by hope

profile are pretty shit quality imo

and because i like to be different and try new things

this hadn't been done so we went for it

sorry but what the hell kind of experiance have you had with profiles? not shiny enough?

I had one that lasted 2 years not one skip. Replaced the driver bearings once and that was it, how is that "shit quality"? Fair enough try new things and all that, but for the time and money spent would it have been cheaper to buy a profile?

Im not the only one who can sing praise for profile... best mod hub out there with exception to a king...

In my opinion, the pro2 will be allot more reliable, strong and have a much longer life than a profile. Profile hubs have been tried and used on stock and have failed miserably due to lack of strength and fouling of the ratchet mechanism. When ste first got the pro2 he was riding stock. having both stock and mod experience and also ive used hope pro2's and profiles. We both thought well whats the point of just leaving the new pro2 laying unused whilst buying a new wheel for mod. Thats where the idea for converting the pro2 came abouts.

As for the disc mount. Yes there isnt quite enough room to fit a rotor in due to the angle of the chainstays, however with very minimal facing of the hubshells disc mount it wouldn't be a problem to make it disc usable.

steve :)

profile are pretty shit quality imo

and because i like to be different and try new things

this hadn't been done so we went for it

i agree, bearing n everything, axles blow up

i love my hope hubs, thats a good bit or worksmanship if you ask me :) if i had a mod ide use that!!!!!! :)

good lad, good to see people are using there noggins as a way to improve things over standard products :)

i agree, bearing n everything, axles blow up

i love my hope hubs, thats a good bit or worksmanship if you ask me :) if i had a mod ide use that!!!!!! :)

good lad, good to see people are using there noggins as a way to improve things over standard products :)

thanks alot. it's good to see people apreciate this hub

It'l be a lucky person who buys this off me, it runs soo nice !

From what I recall (and I could easily be wrong here), Tarty pre-ordered a batch in case Hope ever did produce them, as opposed to because they were at the time

If i remeber it right, tarty put the idea forward saying that there was a gap in the market and a want for them and offered to take a batch of around 130 i think which is an awfull lot of hubs. Hope stupidly dent take them up on this as tarty wont purchase that many now.

If i remeber it right, tarty put the idea forward saying that there was a gap in the market and a want for them and offered to take a batch of around 130 i think which is an awfull lot of hubs. Hope stupidly dent take them up on this as tarty wont purchase that many now.

130 is nothing to hope, they make around 4000 hubs a week.........................................

• 2 weeks later...
130 is nothing to hope, they make around 4000 hubs a week.........................................

Just out of interst hopes first mod hub, is it going to be freewheel or freehub. I would say so many people would buy 116mm pro 2 freehubs.

sorry but what the hell kind of experiance have you had with profiles? not shiny enough?

I had one that lasted 2 years not one skip. Replaced the driver bearings once and that was it, how is that "shit quality"? Fair enough try new things and all that, but for the time and money spent would it have been cheaper to buy a profile?

Im not the only one who can sing praise for profile... best mod hub out there with exception to a king...

fatmike destroyed his in less than a year (closer to 6 months i think)

rachet ring and pawls were fooked