First Mod Pro2 ?

ste_racca

hey guys. I am the person who modified the hub for ste racca (steve carradus). it is a normal hope pro2 trials rear hub. I took the drive shell off and cut threads into the cassete splines and made a stainless steel locking ring for the sprocket. I then machined down the axle, drive shell and outside spacers to bring the hub's total length to exactly 116mm. Built and trued the wheel. jobs a gooden :rolleyes:

steve

post-18925-1222622909_thumb.jpg

post-18925-1222622925_thumb.jpg

Edited by steve-winder

hey guys. I am the person who modified the hub for ste racca (steve carradus). it is a normal hope pro2 trials rear hub. I took the drive shell off and cut threads into the cassete splines and made a stainless steel locking ring for the sprocket. I then machined down the axle, drive shell and outside spacers to bring the hub's total length to exactly 116mm. Built and trued the wheel. jobs a gooden :rolleyes:

steve

was gonna say, it doesnt look like the one that we have been wokring on at hope, looks ok though, nice job

Looks brilliant, but did you machine both the spacers down? You wouldn't be able to use the disc mount. :(

I always wanted one of these when I rode mod and said several times I would buy one straight away if Hope made one, but they've only started looking into it recently so I couldn't get one.

I don't understand all of the negative comments on this forum now-a-days.

Most of us (well me, anyway) were commenting on the fact that you wouldn't be able to use a rear disc with it.

EDIT: Typed like a mudskipper on acid.

Edited by Skoze

yeh i don't see why some people are crying over the rear disc mount like

i did this with intention of using it personally..i use rear maggie so it's good for me

but things have changed over the 6months it was gone and now i havnt even rode it and it's for sale as part of my full build GU

Im not sure whether a disc could be used but quite simply if u run rear disc don't use this wheel eh :D

thanks for all the positive feedback