Ben Travis - Sunday

ben_travis

I have a new video out just now......well two new videos. Basically, I have taken one video and edited it for TGS boys as well. I suggest that you watch both, even for just the banter. I arent sure why i made the TGS version, maybe its me trying to get people to sort out their thoughts on editing videos. Many riders are out there trying to become sponsored and thinking that its 'all that jazz', I first would like to say that I am not a sponsored rider. I am a supported rider. To those who wish to be supported in the manner I am, who currently ride TGS (like i did), I think you should re-think your videos. I feel that this needed to be said, as there is too many boring videos coming to light, and less people are riding trials for FUN.

I was TGS, a damon / neil / CLS wannabe, and at heart I am sure I always will be. However, I feel (IMO) that many people need to re-think the way they ride trials.

I urge people to look at both videos, and let me know what they think on both.

Big thanks to the boys at Tarty as ever. Big love to dave @ trialtech. Muchos Gracias to Atomz for all their support.

Let me know what you think Please.

The main video for all the cool cats is available here

http://atomz.canalblog.com/

and the TGS video is available here

http://vimeo.com/1821762

Long have i wonderd if someone would ever do this, make a shweet vid and a shanner of a tgs vid to show the difference between the two. This should influence the young lads out there who seem to be going down the, in my eyes wrong road with trials. No wonder boys give it all up for cars when they come of age, they get bored of hopping up walls sideways and have no creativity to their ridng!

Take a telling you wanna be sponsered riders! Ben Travis is a wise old man. Wise words Ben, thanks for sharing.

He he you see me at the demo waving lol :dance:

Calm tune and huge gaps. Some pretty high stuff you were doing there too.

Glad to see my filming was ok.

Peace.

Better go and charge my huver board now. ;)

Edited by Ross McArthur

Found both those vids to be fairly similar, music aside. The riding in the TGS vid consists of lines as well. For me, you're what would result if Neil had aspirations to ride like Rowan. In essence, your riding is really unique - both your style and the obstacles you choose to ride.

Nevertheless, these videos didn't get me at all. Might be the music, Sunday Jen worked brilliantly in The Collective, in fact I'd class that part of the film as one of if not the best in the whole biking cinematography. It just doesn't seem right having that tune in a Trials vid but those who haven't seen The Collective, will probably disagree.

Edited by Inur

I have a new video out just now......well two new videos. Basically, I have taken one video and edited it for TGS boys as well. I suggest that you watch both, even for just the banter. I arent sure why i made the TGS version, maybe its me trying to get people to sort out their thoughts on editing videos. Many riders are out there trying to become sponsored and thinking that its 'all that jazz', I first would like to say that I am not a sponsored rider. I am a supported rider. To those who wish to be supported in the manner I am, who currently ride TGS (like i did), I think you should re-think your videos. I feel that this needed to be said, as there is too many boring videos coming to light, and less people are riding trials for FUN.

I was TGS, a damon / neil / CLS wannabe, and at heart I am sure I always will be. However, I feel (IMO) that many people need to re-think the way they ride trials.

I urge people to look at both videos, and let me know what they think on both.

Big thanks to the boys at Tarty as ever. Big love to dave @ trialtech. Muchos Gracias to Atomz for all their support.

Let me know what you think Please.

The main video for all the cool cats is available here

http://atomz.canalblog.com/

and the TGS video is available here

http://vimeo.com/1821762

Long have i wonderd if someone would ever do this, make a swheet vid and a shanner of a tgs vid to show the difference between the two. This should influence the young lads out there who seem to be going down the, in my eyes wrong road with trials. No wonder boys give it all up for cars when they come of age, they get bored of hopping up walls sideways and have no creativity to their ridng!

Take a telling you wanna be sponsered riders! Ben Travis is a wise old man. Wise words Ben, thanks for sharing.

He he you see me at the demo waving lol :dance:

Calm tune and huge gaps. Some pretty high stuff you were doing there too.

Glad to see my filming was ok.

Peace.

Better go and charge my huver board now. ;)

Ben, The vid is great!!!, why mention Tgs? you are obviously a bike rider not a fashion tgs rider xxx

Fashion Tgs riders realy do muck this forum up.

and to be honest you were way too smooth in your tgs vid. no bashing to be seen.

Edited by Christophe'

ahha first ever to see the TGS MOFO video! sorry to be a spoiler a bit... Just thought you were holdin out on us ahha. Sick video btw, like the first vid cause of that song ha, thought thats how the TGS vid was gunna be but then the quick change, both vids were mint and works of art, lovin you on the atomz!!!! great style

Also lovin those sides off rails and narrow things, holy f**k super tech stuff, like your style and imagination to.

Edited by joeyvaj

good, but not that good as your older remixes...

What he said they were soo good , just seems like you changed your style to please people imo. Vids were pretty good riding but

prefer your older vids soo much more. Music bored me in the first and in the second was horrible lol. Still decent riding like (Y)

Just cant compare these to the likes of this

:( Edited by Deonn h

Cheers for all the compliments lads and ladettes, and i would like to comment on a few of these replies below.

Found both those vids to be fairly similar, music aside. The riding in the TGS vid consists of lines as well. For me, you're what would result if Neil had aspirations to ride like Rowan. In essence, your riding is really unique - both your style and the obstacles you choose to ride.

Nevertheless, these videos didn't get me at all. Might be the music, Sunday Jen worked brilliantly in The Collective, in fact I'd class that part of the film as one of if not the best in the whole biking cinematography. It just doesn't seem right having that tune in a Trials vid but those who haven't seen The Collective, will probably disagree.

I think this a compliment and criticism in one, haha, but i was struggling with inspiration for music, and thought I would use this tune as its pretty darn awesome. I agree with you though, but i hope you did enjoy the video anyway.

Awesome riding Ben, really loved that!

You run your bars at a foushty angle though :giggle:.

used to longer geo, and new shorter bike required longer reach = tilted bars. and i have grown really used to it, and i feel i am riding better than before. Anyway, come back when your ridin a 26 again :) like a real man.

What he said they were soo good , just seems like you changed your style to please people imo. Vids were pretty good riding but

prefer your older vids soo much more. Music bored me in the first and in the second was horrible lol. Still decent riding like (Y)

Just cant compare these to the likes of this

:(

i understand that is your opinion, but I must let you know that I have never ridden to impress people, or to please people. I have always ridden for myself, riding how I want to when I want to. The sport is too small to bother trying to impress people. Even back when i was in my TGS stage. I like to make videos to help advertise those who support me, and also so when I am too old to ride that I can look back and remember what I was once able to do. On top of this, I imagine that compared to the 'remix' video I released, i used to have ALOT more time to make videos, but I messed around with lots of filters / edits, and it is my preference that video's are much more simple. :)

Glad you enjoyed the riding though, at the end of the day, that is the most important thing.

Further to this, the reason for the two video's were for people to make comparisons, and hopefully spur some people to realise that single move videos, really are not all that enjoyable. A little imagination goes a long way. Unfortunately too many of the younger riders now-a-days, wait for damon to try something new before they try it. (no offence danny, but the prime example is Mr Kearns doing the up-to-front and resting stuff on a wall / tree / whatever)

Anyway, any further comments on my videos are muchos appreciated.

Thanks.