Help Me Decorate My Room

Synergy

baisically im redecorating my room. im having one wall blue (dark blue) with a bright orange fox head.

1st what other colour should the 3 other walls be.

2nd how cna i get a big fox head projected onto my wall without a projector.

Surely number 2 is impossiable.

Or am I being narrow minded.

Blue, goes with Red, Green and Pink. IMO. Just go Glamoflauge :)

my room is probs about 3.5 m X 2.75m (ish)

the window and door are on the 2.75m walls

ive only got a cmera phone so pics are shite.

Surely number 2 is impossiable.

Or am I being narrow minded.

Blue, goes with Red, Green and Pink. IMO. Just go Glamoflauge :)

i dno i thought about printing out on paper a massivve fox head on lots of a4s and then just cutting it out.?

Or should you say GAYoflauge HAHAHA...

Obviously never been to Edition38. God, you so not scene !

i dno i thought about printing out on paper a massivve fox head on lots of a4s and then just cutting it out.?

Surely it'd be easier to buy a fox and genetically breed it to be massive then get it to sit there whilst you stencil it's outline ? :lol:

I'm pretty sure the only way is a projector, I could be very wrong though. You can buy them on Ebay for no money at all. If you get one that hooks up to a laptop then you can watch films in big screen to (added bonus/incentive for buying one ?)

Best way to get a fox head logo on your wall as cheaply and easily as possible is to use an awesome (and 3,000 year old) technique known to us modern mere mortals as the camera obscura.

Print off a small version of the fox logo and cut it out so that it's in its component form as a small stencil, to make things easy it would be useful if you could glue it onto a small sheet of polythene such as an OHP projector acetate sheet, you can get these pretty cheap.

Then, use binbags or thick, dark cloth to black out the windows and door in your room. And yes, I mean completely, so it's pitch PITCH black in there. Also get a cardboard box, a lightsource that can fit inside the box, some duct tape and a drawing pin. Affix the lightsource in the box close to one side so that it shines on the opposite side of the box, in the opposite side of the box put a pinhole in it thats in line with the lightsource. Then tape the acetate sheet with the fox logo UPSIDE DOWN in place inside the box inline with the lightsouce and the hole, if you do this right then you *should* get an obscura image of the fox logo being projected out of the hole and onto whatever surface it faces. This may be very faint, so I suggest using a very strong light source. Place the box and it's contents in a suitable position that projects the logo where you want and VOILA, you have a handy guide projected onto the wall to paint over, or at least put a pencil line in place so you can paint it once the lights are back on.

If you don't understand what I'm saying, then research camera obscuras, about 5mins and you'll get the idea.

To understand how well it CAN work then have a look at the works of Abelardo Morell.

Edited by Mike Deere