Halfords/bikehut Pay..

Ben John-Hynes

I think we all know the reason for working at Halfords :-

It's the blagging guys!!! see how much you can swipe before you get sacked :P or if your smart leave before they cotton on ( I chose this option)

I think almost everyone i know who has worked at/does work at halfords does that! People have got pro2's and stuff! Lucky buggers!

Owen

Ooohhhhhh no Ben! Why oh why would want to work in that sh*t hole! For the price of your rear brake you can buy a full sus from hellfrauds!

Possibly a worst nightmare job! Working on appolo's all day, that have never seen a spanner or anything to clean 'em with!

Have fun (Y)

Hehe, sorry i sound like a pr*ck and its nothing to do with the question you asked, but hey! I WILL slap you next time i see you for working there!

Take care mate

Owen

Because you get paid, and some people will actually put some effort in to get money. You do sound like a willy mate.

Because you get paid, and some people will actually put some effort in to get money. You do sound like a willy mate.

Yea just re-read my post, i was thinking of it as a personal thing, but fair play if thats your only option. I would just prefur to have time away from bikes, as most of my spare time is now spent on mine.

How did it go Ben? Was it just a trial or what? Did you get the job? Fill us in!

Owen

• 3 weeks later...

It depends what area your in I think. The pay is different in both the halfords stores in aberdeen just because of the side of town they are on. there's not a huge difference though and they pay the 5.75 minimum so it won't be too bad.

building bikes 40 hours a week though, you'll be pretty bored.

Yeah I know it's gonna be mind numbing, but it's money which I need to clear my overdraft and get money for xmas presents. My mate works there, so it shouldn't be too bad, plus they all seem pretty chill.

The area is Weston super Mare, so you reckon it is likely to be around £5.50?