Halfords/bikehut Pay..

Ben John-Hynes

Alright guys.

I've just recently been offered a job at bikehut and I start on saturday, BUT I'm not sure on the pay i'll be recieving. I'm 17 and will be working 19 hours a week.

I know that people on here hate halfords and have hated working there but it's just an easy job to get a bit of money.

Anyway, back to my original point, how much did you/are you being paid per hour at the moment at Bikehut?

Thanks for any useful replys!

Ben

Ooohhhhhh no Ben! Why oh why would want to work in that sh*t hole! For the price of your rear brake you can buy a full sus from hellfrauds!

Possibly a worst nightmare job! Working on appolo's all day, that have never seen a spanner or anything to clean 'em with!

Have fun (Y)

Hehe, sorry i sound like a pr*ck and its nothing to do with the question you asked, but hey! I WILL slap you next time i see you for working there!

Take care mate

Owen

pay is £4.60 for under 18

It is a good job if you get a decent store with other people who have a general interest with bikes.

We sell very few shock wave style bikes. People are willing to spend more when you tell them how bad they really are. What store are you at out of interest?

I was on £4.60 P/H, thats the 16/17 year old wage, and then it goes up when your 18.

A friend who I used to work with there said he was 18 when was only 17, dumb enough, Halfords took his word for it and paid him 18+ wage.

As for the job, its good stuff, I really liked working with the customers in the Bikehut, and it did give me a better knowledge on other bikes. (Not taught however)

I quit because I had some right jobsworths working in the downstairs, I wasn't allowed to use my holiday entitlement (and with good notice) because 2 people in the store had already booked that day off, so when I did the usual tactic of getting someone to cover me, I get paid as usual but then pay the person after they worked (and making sure the manager was aware of this).

But then they got arsey with me doing that and didn't allow me to again, they also didn't give me a staff discount card yet giving them to part time cashier's who had been there for a shorter time than me.

Pretty much, it was too much hassle to them for me to take off holiday, no discount card, and not respecting my outside activites and education.

As mentioned, to only real downside is working with shite bikes and 90% of the time shite management who dont have a clue about bikes/cars/managing.

I'm 19 and on 5.54 an hour, cant remember what it is for under 18 anymore.

To be fair I'd rather be fixing an apollo than stacking shelves at tesco, so meh, bitch about the bikes being cheep all you want, I'd rather work with cheep bikes than pringles (Y)

As far as discount's concerned the official story is you can apply for a trade card from day one, which entitles you to trade price on all essential car parts and tools (I think tools excludes some stuff for some reason), then after your 3 month induction period you should be given a staff discount card which entitles you to 15% off anything in store.

As mentioned, to only real downside is working with shite bikes and 90% of the time shite management who dont have a clue about bikes/cars/managing.

I'm 19 and on 5.54 an hour, cant remember what it is for under 18 anymore.

To be fair I'd rather be fixing an apollo than stacking shelves at tesco, so meh, bitch about the bikes being cheep all you want, I'd rather work with cheep bikes than pringles (Y)

As far as discount's concerned the official story is you can apply for a trade card from day one, which entitles you to trade price on all essential car parts and tools (I think tools excludes some stuff for some reason), then after your 3 month induction period you should be given a staff discount card which entitles you to 15% off anything in store.

Haha

Yeah you said it all there, a job is a job, and a job involving bike is even better!

Im in the axact sam boat. I start on Saturday. Im 16 and im on £5.35 an hour.

Hmm that sounds promising!

How come some get more and some get less?