24'' Rear Rim Options...

spaceman

I'm riding a 24''. Currently I'm using a DM24 for the rear, and I find it quite narrow. (My 4-bolt mounts are spaced too wide too)

I'm stuck on which rim to get, either a DX32 (plenty in my country :D ) or some trials-specific 46mm rim, like the viz rim.

I ride more of street than trials, and so I wonder if a 46mm rim would too wide? DX32 is just 39mm, and I reckon that width is quite good.

I don't really mind the width, but I would like to hear your opinions.

I've got an atomlab rear rim, it does the job perfetly fine. It's quite thin so I have to use the tensile offset mounts. Atomlab rims are really strong too.

I'm going to upgrade to the v!z rims soon though.

Hmm, but rhynolite and the atomlab are quite narrow too, though they're very strong.

I almost gotten the tensile offset clamps, but I realised you can't really push the slave cylinders in? There's a limit as shown on the pink line. I guess it's more for positioning the cylinders further out.

How did your's work? And by viz, you mean the one with the flower and hexagonal drilling?

2861924345_0752c4967f_o.jpg

(sorry for using the pic off tarty)

Hmm, but rhynolite and the atomlab are quite narrow too, though they're very strong.

I almost gotten the tensile offset clamps, but I realised you can't really push the slave cylinders in? There's a limit as shown on the pink line. I guess it's more for positioning the cylinders further out.

How did your's work? And by viz, you mean the one with the flower and hexagonal drilling?

2861924345_0752c4967f_o.jpg

(sorry for using the pic off tarty)

Mine do work, I'll get a pic if you like. The atomlab rim is just wide enough to work, it would seem.

Yeah, I'd get the flower hexagon ones.