Can I Get Some Help With My Tensioner Please?

mista-neos

Hi im building my bike up so I can ride on Saturday. Today I set my chain tenchinor up and noticed I have lost a bit of it. The tenchinor i have is a gusset fixed (like the onza one).

there’s the link.

http://www.trials-uk.co.uk/product.aspx?productid=2391

I have lost the black bit, and I think that’s what keeps the tenchinor in place. So does any one have a idea what I can use to replace this.

Many thanks Blake

What is that black thing anyway? I ran one of them tensioners for about a week, and just wacked the axel bolt through the top hole, and the bolt you get with the tensioner through the tensioner then through the mech hanger. So whats the black bit for?

Owen

If you can't help dont reply.

I think it was a completely valid question. You say 'the black bit' and post a link to a tensioner which is entirely black except for one bolt. If you explained which 'black bit' you're talking about maybe I could help instead of getting all defensive for no reason.

So lets try again. Which black bit do you mean? If you mean the small loose black bit which is to use the tensioner with a quick release skewer you might be able to bodge it on with a standard QR end and some washers.

I think it was a completely valid question. You say 'the black bit' and post a link to a tensioner which is entirely black except for one bolt. If you explained which 'black bit' you're talking about maybe I could help instead of getting all defensive for no reason.

So lets try again. Which black bit do you mean? If you mean the small loose black bit which is to use the tensioner with a quick release skewer you might be able to bodge it on with a standard QR end and some washers.

That answered my question! Cheers matey!

Owen