Bunny Hop Record?

Ross McArthur

For bunny hops, over a bar you have to clear it, but going up a wall if your back wheel doesn't get high enough it can roll up it.

Kind of similar for sidehops- over a bar you have to have the horizontal displacement to consider so you clear the bar completely. To get on a wall you're effectively only having to sidehop onto the bar rather than over it. A lot of people also lever the bike up using the front wheel, although that's not the case for people like Tunni, CLS and Damon.

Although a lot of the TGSers aren't shy of having their back wheel barely being held on, with the wheel really low relative to the top of the wall with the tyre juuuuuuust about holding.

Shit example of what I meant, but just grabbed at random from Ye Olde Tuckage Thread:

Beastside.jpg

If the pole was the top of that wall, the back wheel would've beaten the shit out of it there.

when did i say he can do 70?

just because he can acctually do 53 from 2 to back first time, and your what.... jealous?

same.

Mat

tool.

this topic is gay.

official and unofficial have merged into rumour records (and on this forum TF tape records and rep records)

better still danny should set a jump over bar bike underneath record... no-one would beat that

Seeing as they don't recognise the difference in wheel size, I'm guessing they wouldn't recognise the difference in bikes, so I'd imagine some BMXers would be able to do pretty well in that particular discipline :P

Speaking of - rumour has it Brad Simms has bunnyhopped over a 50"+ rail. The dude's nuts.

He was the guy who got people doing them, but yeah, Dave Thompson is pretty damn good at them, as is George Boyd (I think...).

Yea, Dave thompson is good at them.......

Would hate to even attempt that.......

In that roadtrip video danny mac easily hops staright over a rail thats a REAL big height. I would love to see danny mac go for a bunnyhop world record....the guys a legend

I'll see if i my school mate has a copy of an old bmx magazine called Bmx Action Bikes (around the late 80's) which has a sequence pic of an unofficial 57in Bunnyhop on a bmx >_< . yeah hard to believe esspecially when you consider that the bikes back then were way heavier than todays rigs. theres a street bmxer who can bunnyhop that 5ft plus retaining wall at southbank, the same one that Gilles Coustellier does the tap in bike trials magazine years ago.

I'll see if i my school mate has a copy of an old bmx magazine called Bmx Action Bikes (around the late 80's) which has a sequence pic of an unofficial 57in Bunnyhop on a bmx >_< . yeah hard to believe esspecially when you consider that the bikes back then were way heavier than todays rigs. theres a street bmxer who can bunnyhop that 5ft plus retaining wall at southbank, the same one that Gilles Coustellier does the tap in bike trials magazine years ago.

what? pics? vids? :o

theres a street bmxer who can bunnyhop that 5ft plus retaining wall at southbank, the same one that Gilles Coustellier does the tap in bike trials magazine years ago.

Are you sure about that? I'm local there, and no-one seems to have heard of that ever happening, and I can't really think of anyone who'd be able/have been able to do it?

Are you sure about that? I'm local there, and no-one seems to have heard of that ever happening, and I can't really think of anyone who'd be able/have been able to do it?
Southbank has 30yr plus history of bmxers who nailed some amazingly sick monster moves. ill have to contact my old skool riding mate and multiple world flatland champion Phil Dolan, to find out who he is. there is one uk rider who i reckon could do it, his name is Josh.B (ill dig through my old Ride Bmx magazines later today to get full details/pics) and he's known purly for doing extreme sh*t and gets angry like Akrigg when it all goes wrong. he does 180 hops over high hurdles >_<

I love the way you have to say "old skool riding mate and multiple world flatland champion Phil Dolan", and couldn't just say "an old mate", as if knowing him makes you a better person. It doesn't. No matter what you do, say, or who you know, to 99% of this forum, you will always be a dick.

I love the way you have to say "old skool riding mate and multiple world flatland champion Phil Dolan", and couldn't just say "an old mate", as if knowing him makes you a better person. It doesn't. No matter what you do, say, or who you know, to 99% of this forum, you will always be a dick.

Yowza! :giggle:

Southbank has 30yr plus history of bmxers who nailed some amazingly sick monster moves.

The Undercroft (the actual bit that is "South Bank") was built in either 1982 or 1984 I thought, so for it to have a "30 year plus history" seems pretty unlikely. For quite a few years after it opened it was just used by flatlanders, pretty much? Even some of current riders who can hop higher than anyone else who have been there haven't tried hopping up that, and bearing in mind the world record's still in the 40's, I don't get how someone could've done it. I haven't even heard of anyone pegging it.

When was Phil last world champion of flat? Gotta be a while ago now, the Worlds haven't been on for 4 years or so, and it was either Sommer, Viki Gomez or Martti Kuopa who were dominating it around that time. Phil's 38-39 now, isn't he? Does he still get to ride much? I know James White's now a full-on policeman. Can't be many of the o.g. Southbank guys left riding...

Thats because Phil Dolan is old skool to the modern day bmxer you di*khead :lol: im not using the term old skool to slag him off, im using that term as a matter of respect that he's been there just as i was from those humble beginnings of bmxing. Phil was way better than me back and obviously still is today. Quite frankly, i don't know where you got the idea that im trying to put down a mate who was 6 times world bmx flatland champion >_<On the issue of southbank, i believe it was built in the late 70's, but ill have to check the history of that place. i know that rollerblading the first craze sport to utilize southbank as popular sessioning spot before skateboarding, bmx, and break-dancing come along. Edited by Rusevelt