Street Training 6 - Rich Pearson

Rich Pearson

Saw this earlier - but forgot to comment on it.

First off - I have to say that was quite simply the WORST music I've ever heard used in a trials video. Just did NOT fit with the riding.

The riding itself, was quite spectacular - though I prefered the stuff you did on the Echo.

The editting was better. ST1+2 had nice stuff, but then you sort of phased out of it. Intro and outro were throughly good :)

Sorry I sound so negative :blink:

Awesome video rich mate!

Hate you though for putting this up before i had a dry day to go and nail that 180 gap at looe :(

Also wheres my thanks for bein gthe only guy to show up at the station to meet you on the most un-organised ride of the year in liskeard/looe/plymouth *^

*Apart from prawns plymouth ride where only me and rowan turned up till the afternoon and meet by luke tut tut

^ I am only joking

Edited by GlynnP

Shameless bump from me before it slips off the page, just thought I'd respond to a couple of things people have posted on this video, although in general massive thanks to everyone who liked the vid and also to those who didn't and explained why, always helps to know what you're doing wrong.

Why your last Street Training Vidddd?
There's a possibility that I'll be moving on from the current group of manufacturers and distributors who have been supporting me this year to ride with a new team for 2009, but nothing's concrete yet. In that vain, I will probably stop producing 'Training' video's and they'll probably start getting called 'Promo's' or something, if I get enough time to put another one together!

1 question... how in this world do you gap to front so far :S
Pure stupidity. Not skill, not bravery, just pure, dumbass chuck-yourself-at-it stupidity. 60% of the time, it works, everytime. :)

Excellent video, really enjoyed it. Not my choice of music, but as with all your vids with a similar style, it worked.

My only 'criticism' is some of the lines in Plymouth you put in were odd... The sidehop up the square box at the church, the sidehop up the wall at the church, the line along those granite bollards at copthorne etc, they didn't seem to fit in with the rest? Maybe its because I can do them and know them well? Who knows.

Props on Porters line from bench to round pillar at the anchor, thats pretty f**king tech!

Also, props on being able to bunnyhop your Czar.. I have higher bars and can barely manual on mine!

Did James really make that line? b*****d, thought I'd got in there first.... ;p Although I do know what you mean about familiar stuff not looking so good; I just watched GETaway by Ben Rowlands, with the guys riding in West Bay and Bone Hill, two places that I've seriously lost track of how many times I've been to, and for some reason I just didn't enjoy it so much even though everything about the vid was totally spot on. Wierd... :S

training? its not really training is it haha
A couple of people have kind of asked me about this (well, the phrase is usually 'stop being a pompous twat and just call it something else!' which is fair enough) but I've always come from a competition background in trials, and any time I rode a comp that had something particularly difficult which I couldn't manage, I always went home afterwards and tried something similar again until I could get it right. Hence whenever I wasn't at a comp, I always sort of got the feeling that I was training for the next coming sunday. So even though I hardly ride competitively anymore, I still always think to myself when I'm out riding that I should push myself and 'train' myself to be a little better. It really isn't as arrogant as most people seem to think it comes across as.

Big thanks again to everyone for responding, maybe I'll be able to get another one out before Xmas. Watch this space.

Rich