Street Training 6 - Rich Pearson

Rich Pearson

Excellent video, really enjoyed it. Not my choice of music, but as with all your vids with a similar style, it worked.

My only 'criticism' is some of the lines in Plymouth you put in were odd... The sidehop up the square box at the church, the sidehop up the wall at the church, the line along those granite bollards at copthorne etc, they didn't seem to fit in with the rest? Maybe its because I can do them and know them well? Who knows.

Props on Porters line from bench to round pillar at the anchor, thats pretty f**king tech!

Also, props on being able to bunnyhop your Czar.. I have higher bars and can barely manual on mine!

Yes, if you get regularly paid for doing something, then that's your profession.

Therefore your a professional in what you do.

And as Rich has been doing a few shows recently now and is at one today, that would make him a professional demo rider.

Fair enough point.

Its just that I do demos all the time, much more than Rich im sure, dont have any bike sponsers or T-shirt sponsers and have a full time job so dont really class myself as a professional trials/demo rider.

Someone like Danny Mac who rides his bike for a living, I would class as a professional, and he even has to still buy most of his bike parts! I suppose if your whisked off to be a stunt double in Kuala lumpa for a BP advert and have make up woman dab the sweat from your brow then you can class yourself as professional. lol

I wikkied professional trials rider and Martyn Ashton came up as did Danny Macaskill. lol

Aw well just thought id let my thoughts be known, not trying to start anything. (Y)

Fair enough point.

Its just that I do demos all the time, much more than Rich im sure, dont have any bike sponsers or T-shirt sponsers and have a full time job so dont really class myself as a professional trials/demo rider.

Someone like Danny Mac who rides his bike for a living, I would class as a professional, and he even has to still buy most of his bike parts! I suppose if your whisked off to be a stunt double in Kuala lumpa for a BP advert and have make up woman dab the sweat from your brow then you can class yourself as professional. lol

I wikkied professional trials rider and Martyn Ashton came up as did Danny Macaskill. lol

Aw well just thought id let my thoughts be known, not trying to start anything. (Y)

Neither was I. Assuming you get paid for riding demo's, it's still not your only job, so realistically your only semi-pro.

But that's not the point.

End of the day, if you get paid for doing something you love and are passionate about then that's all that matters. Particularly, as it makes you a professional in your chosen line of work.

Anyway, I gotta go ride some of those locations, they looked amazing in the video. Maybe it was just Rich's riding that gave that impression.

I agree, this has to be the best street video this year, though I am curious as to why there wont be anymore Rich.

Any particular reason?

He only said the it may be the final ST vid ;)

But doesn't Rich call his natural video's, natural training. It's just an assumption that as he has now called his past 6 street videos, street training, that maybe he's notgoing to ride street anymore.

Then again maybe he's just gonna change the title of his street video's, :lol:

Who knows. Seem's Rich like to keep everyone on their toes and wanting more :lol:

Had a word on msn earlier Rich.

I actually don't know what to say. It was unreal, as always. Your easily in my top 3 riders, without a doubt. All your video's, the edit, the riding, the song have always been perfect. Everytime i ride, I always have a song off one of your video's, playing in my headphones. Truly my biggest insiration in trials. Which makes me very very sad to read that this is probably your last Street Training video. By god am i going to miss them. But all the best in what style of riding your going onto.

World class rider and a great guy.

Keep it up Rich.

Danny.