Can I Have Some Tpa Care Please?.

mista-neos

Hi there i got my 74 kingz metel TPA today and 7 pounds for something that small is a bit to much. Every single tpa i have ever owned got jamed as soon as i rode, so can some one help me keep it working.

I forgot to say its a 05

Many thanks Blake

Edited by mista-neos

Hey,

This keeps happening to a lad I ride with. Is it the first time you've started using a metal tpa? Because they do seem to get cross threaded often but not as often as plastic ones. So if this is your first time using a metal one, you wont get it crossthreaded as often. Make sure that the bolt that the tpa threads onto is new. Because if the threads are jiggered it sends the tpa off the thread causing it to jam.

There was no point making plastic tpas really because they work for a bit, then get jammed and are a bum to sort out. So yeah metal ones are the way forward.

Ive got a 74 kings one now and it works no problem.

But if you have any problems with your metal tpa now. Give us a shout and I'll make you one on my dads lathe.

Thanks smithy x

buy a new tpa bolt, bet you its stripped on the end and looks kinda sideways. then fit the metal one, re bleed it, so you dont reall yhave to use the tpa that deeply. sorted :D

Hi

If you can, try to get hold of an 04 lever, as they work so much better and the tpa never jams

kiwi

yeah they just snap instead

Edited by Ash-Kennard

buy a new tpa bolt, bet you its stripped on the end and looks kinda sideways. then fit the metal one, re bleed it, so you dont reall yhave to use the tpa that deeply. sorted :D

yeah they just snap instead

Well you can just replace it with a bolt like I have and its a lot cheaper than spending money on a new tpa kit

I've been through three TPA's this year but it's never the roller that goes it's the thred on the bar that rounds of for me!

just ordered me a fourth from Tarty!

i don't like using magura non of their brakes seem to last that long.

used a louise fr for bout 4months before the lever went.

anyone use echo's rim brake?

heard nothing but good things!?!?!?

Edited by Aaron.gloster

I've always found it to be a problem with the standard plastic ones (plastic threads which have to push against a threaded metal rod every time you pull the brake will inevitably lead to wear on the plastic TPA).

A metal TPA adjuster will then prolong this kind of wear, obviously because of it being made of metal.

Best bet to do in either case is you reguarly take your lever blade out and clean out around your TPA (unthread it from the TPA pin, give it a bit of a spray or a grease just so its not dry which could eventually cease it).

Edited by Albino Slig