Zhi Rim V 2.0

FuZ

some time ago i decided to dump some weight... and i have cut layer from rear rim... everything was fine... but i thought that spokes can deform the middle of the rim... that's why i've made new holes for spokes:

s5022521_114.jpg

s5022523_139.jpg

s5022526_155.jpg

s5022528_654.jpg

s5022529_226.jpg

s5022531_211.jpg

sorry for the quality of the pics

ben_travis

i've made it quite easily.. all this took about 1.5 hour...

if someone interested i can tell the fast way to perform such work...

what about strength... of course it became less stronger... but not much... it seems to be a good proportion of weight/strength... i dump about 150 grams... and its about 30 grams to go if i will do quad-holes

btw i dump about 100 grams by cutting off one layer from the front rim...

some action pics of me after dumping:

x_dc7d2319.jpg

x_7e63baa6.jpg

x_6e676c58.jpg

x_136de7e1.jpg

ps: i never did pedalup to 119 before... and it was pretty easy... sides are easy too

ive been looking at this topic for the past to weeks and you might be very proud of your modification but soon u will be buying a new rim , i cracked the center of the first section of rim which u removed . then it split and my rim became wider because of the preasure of the tire . this effects the braking and has efectivly made the rim weaker and lighter . also what was the point in posting those pictures of you doing a sidehop , from the looks and sound of it your trying to say that by losing 150 grams that u can no hop about a foot higher theres no logic in that atall , nice modification and good on you for trying but i think it was pointless .

alass i wish people would go back to the old times and ride a bike without silly holes or weight saving bolts :(