Biketrial To Olympics (uci)

tmks88

everyone has it, check your passport or ID card

A big chunk of people in this country don't have a passport or ID card.

But i'm sure the ID number isn't important.

where abouts on my pasport is my Id number?

it should be under "personal code" somewhere

it could be on somekind of student cards or driving license or something else which has your identification info on it

Edited by tmks88

I've been speaking to the Alvaro Lopez, the guy who set the website up. Basically, the reason for needing people's ID no, is so that when there is enough interest, Alvaro will send it to the UCI and/or the olympic committee. The ID no's will be used to show that the names are not made up and are genuine.

The ID no's are saved in a private list, so know one can see them.

Entirely upto as to whether you put your details forward for it, but Alvaro just wanted it to be made clear about the issue with the ID no.

I have submitted my details including my ID no and look forward to the possibility of bike trials being a part of 2012.

• 7 years later...

The International Olympic Committee (IOC) today agreed to add baseball/softball, karate, skateboard, sports climbing and surfing to the sports programme for the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020.

If skateboarding was approved I don't see why trials couldn't, other than the fact that there are more skateboarders than trialsters because skateboards are more affordable.

It's up to people with more leverage than us individuals, such as the UCI, to start making noise (they may already be doing so...).

Trials deserves a place in the Olympics because (a) it's a proper sport compared with many already approved so-called sports such as golf, (b) it's fun to watch and, (c) it would be beneficial for bike manufacturers and riders alike, and (d) it's a highly contagious sport--I know very few kids who woudn't want to ride trials after watching another kid do it.