Tf Car Meet

OD404

What type of meet and where?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. What type of meet would you realisticly prefer?

• Car park and pub meet
    • Trackday
    • RWYB
  2. 2. Is Sunday the 5th Oct good for you?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Location?

• Brum
    • Northampton
    • Milton Keynes
    • Other - post your suggestion

Seriously I would but I only have £500 (which is a LARGE price bump)

Edit: Have you heard owt else about Daves car?

P.s. Sorry to clog the thread

Would be a perfect deposit ;)

As for Dave's Pulsar aside from (what we believe to be) the vacuum leak causing it to hunt on idle and the bottom end knock, no news. Last I heard he was looking for a BOV with a stiffer spring which could sort it.

smo, we could probably drive up together to meet the rest as we're well down south (im near pompey) and its most definitly gonna be up north somewhere lol

Sounds like a plan bud - good idea too, could do with a reason not to waste fuel!

smo, we could probably drive up together to meet the rest as we're well down south (im near pompey) and its most definitly gonna be up north somewhere lol

I'll have a spare seat (Y)

Also, i guess if people who are *local* are going up it would be a good thing if we met up prior and road trained it. Then if we get any problems we've got people to help. And then if someone gets lost...Were all lost !

EDIT; Add to the poll, Weekend, Weekday, then monday - sunday. Then we'll chose a date to match what ever..??

It'll be a weekend meet, primarily because I won't be available during the week :P Also I would have said that a Sunday would be more ideal for those travelling due to slightly less traffic on the roads.

September is already pretty booked up for me apart from possibly the first couple of weekends, but that doesn't leave much time for anyone who might need to book time off.

So with that might I suggest Sunday the 5th October?

Can I just throw the idea of a karting meet in?

You certainly can Jon :) my only reservation was that karting would require a group booking (and probably some payment in advance) and I'm pretty sure that we will have people drop out as time goes on. The nice thing about the pub meet is as Jarrod has said it will separate out those who are generally willing to come without leaving anyone out of pocket (I've organised karting before whiere I had to pay up front and was made out of pocket when two people didn't show).

Would certainly be worth considering for another time though (Y)

I will make a suggestion as for a meeting place, as i was thinking about places to meet arround here, The dick turpin pub its a well known street racer haunt, aka massive car park, and its on the A127 which drivers race up and down, they did put a speed camera in, but it got burnt and racers used it as a rolling start line so no-one cheated. But ive been down there a few times and its really good, and has a good sprint strip.

just a suggestion

Essex! :lol:

Ok Ok! i don't know whats so funny about it, but its famous for its street racing and its fairllllllly'ish central

afterall this will never happen if we don't have somewhere to meet

EDIT: ok.... its not central, but its a fair distance between cornwall and southen scotland :P

Edited by Simps

Only a few members have cars to warrant going to a place with that reputation :P

I'm looking for a place sort of Birmingham-ish in terms of equal distances to travel..

Um im still up for it should be good, but it is mainly Dependant on location obviously. Being south in the dark depths of Somerset il pass at the 140 mile drive to Birmingham.

Um im still up for it should be good, but it is mainly Dependant on location obviously. Being south in the dark depths of Somerset il pass at the 140 mile drive to Birmingham.

Thats only like 2-3 hours driving time which aint too bad

just please make it a sunday! lol

Personaly I think the south east side of birmingham is pretty central.

This weekend was pretty much a mini tf car meet down at prawns, haha. Was a really good weekend with the exception of one unfortunte incident. And good to see nicks mini again.

Personaly I think the south east side of birmingham is pretty central.

This weekend was pretty much a mini tf car meet down at prawns, haha. Was a really good weekend with the exception of one unfortunte incident. And good to see nicks mini again.

Yeah man, some pretty sweet rides there, sorry I had to show you all up like that though :rolleyes: