Marinobike Frames

Blitzmo

That's such a shit excuse, use Yahoo, Hotmail, Googlemail, Gmail, BT mail, Tiscali etc.

yer but then i have to download them then dont i for what the sake of one email which some one who was already intrested could do any way.

yer but then i have to download them then dont i for what the sake of one email which some one who was already intrested could do any way.

Not Gmail dude. Just type in Gmail on google and you can set up your account. Look before you say you can't.

Not Gmail dude. Just type in Gmail on google and you can set up your account. Look before you say you can't.

cheers dude,

and possion or whoever you are wtfs your problem with me there was no need to try and casue agro when you could have just left that.

:blink: £65 you must be joking. what tubing is he using as it can't be Reynolds or T45 tubing at that price for a frame.

They don't really need to be, either. I can't think of any BMX frame made out of Reynolds or T45 (In fact, virtually any frame made of T45. I think Curtis may have been a bit generous with their marketing pitches...), and bearing in mind they're all about making stuff strong and light at the moment, if they were that much better than other advanced steels then they'd probably use them. But yeah, point I'm getting at is that it doesn't need to be Reynolds or T45 to be good...

I've already talked to Marino, shipping costs are £35 arriving in 4-5 weeks and £56 arriving in one week.

just out of interest does he also make xc frames also at a similar price?

the frames look lush.

any idea on weight, im guessing there not going to be amazingly light weight!

i may also look into getting a street frame >_<

Before i get all excited and try and order one... that price for the stock?... and with whatever brake mounts and drop-outs?

I think you guys would be amazed at how cheap you can buy material for, it is the labour time you are paying for with small scale makers like these and if he has it set up well and his costs are low then that is why you can get frames at this price... remember that the big companies get them made in the hundreds or thousands in the far east and then you have all the transport costs and various profits for all along the way before the dealer puts his profit on top. Probably cost a tenner or less for each frame to be made over in china or wherever.... this guy appears to be cutting all the middle men out and being realistic with his price, if the product is good then this is the sort of guy to support.

anyone know anything about the strength of these frames?

4130 works real well on a number of different applications. Hell a almost whole bmx uses chromoly throughout of some kind. They are playing with allot more heat treatment no which is very promising.

Or were you on about T45 or Reynolds 853 or whatever the hell they are. Supposedly stronger than allot of steel alloys. I know a few bmxs were made of Reynolds 853 but that died.

I think a read up on engineering would probably solve your curiousness better than most of us. I only know the basics anyway.

As for the frame, that's cool. Custom steel mod with seat in at just under £200? Loverly.

just out of interest does he also make xc frames also at a similar price?

the frames look lush.

any idea on weight, im guessing there not going to be amazingly light weight!

i may also look into getting a street frame >_<

I think he's done a couple of xc frames, you can still ask him though. Weights are around 2,4Kg.

He's recently made a dirt jump frame for a guy from USA.

post-14707-1219592537_thumb.jpg

post-14707-1219592544_thumb.jpg

And this street frame is from a while ago.

post-14707-1219592366_thumb.jpg

Before i get all excited and try and order one... that price for the stock?... and with whatever brake mounts and drop-outs?

Yes, that price for any geo, any colour; with disc, v's or hs33's mounts; with horizontal or vertical dropouts. One guy even asked him to put rear v's and disc mounts in the same frame.

Edited by Blitzmo

The alloy is carbon steel, ASTM A513. I have to ask Marino about shipping costs yet.

Some more pics of built bikes.

post-14707-1219540524_thumb.jpg

Ahh thats my mates from near me , seen it they look well made for the price (Y)

Dosent even feel real heavy either.

Edited by Deonn h

is it 65 for all the frames and can you have any type of brake mounts on it

tris

i think from what we have been told already that this is true, but it seems any more information we should contact marino directly to get a quote. thats what im doing!

i think from what we have been told already that this is true, but it seems any more information we should contact marino directly to get a quote. thats what im doing!

... me too :D

so then... maggie and disc mount, finished in KTM orange so i can fit black running gear and my r2wtrials logo in black and white. Sound ok :)

Edited by r2wtrials

They don't really need to be, either. I can't think of any BMX frame made out of Reynolds or T45 (In fact, virtually any frame made of T45. I think Curtis may have been a bit generous with their marketing pitches...), and bearing in mind they're all about making stuff strong and light at the moment, if they were that much better than other advanced steels then they'd probably use them. But yeah, point I'm getting at is that it doesn't need to be Reynolds or T45 to be good...
Inertia bikes owned by uk flatlander Lee Musslewhite, uses reynolds 853 butted tubing on his frames. Why would Curtis frame builder/owner Gary Woodhouse lie/blag about what materials he uses. T45 has better strength to weight characteristics than 4130.

Inertia bikes owned by uk flatlander Lee Musslewhite, uses reynolds 853 butted tubing on his frames.

I don't actually know of any Inertia Hades frames that didn't crack or indeed snap. Literally every single person I've spoken to who had one broke their's, and as an expensive, weak frame, I've pretty much eradicated it from my "List of stuff in BMX".

I had an email back from the man... any geo and configuration, he will build it.

Reason for tubing used is that there just isn't any better available in Peru... unless you pay big bucks. But he says no problems with tubing that he does use apart from being a tad heavier.

Email reply came back within several hours... seems like a nice geezer. He said sorry for his English but i reckon he speaks it better than half of us on here !! ;)

Im quite interested in getting one of these frames. Just wandering if it would be cheaper if a few of us went in together, for postage reasons. Like we all pay one person, the frames get sent to thier house, then they send them out to the other buyers?

Just an idea?

Owen

I think you may find he is on here... if not answering he is definately watching :)

May be an option although i reckon there may be time differences in making some frames... specials etc may take longer than ones he has done before, but no harm asking.