Watch This Loonatic! :| :|

Damon W

TGS trials is ghey....compared to BMX. Street Trials, Street Riding, All mixed with BMX is cool....ie Danny Mac, Tailwhips, 360's, Crankspins and Manuals make an awesome vid to watch.

That was frikkin nuts at 0.39. Imagine it on a Trials Bike. I think your arms would snap in half!!!

heh, people don't know why trials videos are good. I have seen every bmx vid and trials vid in the universe. What people don't know about bmx vids is its the exact same as any other street sport... Rollar blades, skateboards, scooters, mtnbike urban, etc... Trials is completely unique, and you have to judge it differntly. Bmx is all about flow, and if trials riders try to be flowy they fail. Trials looks cool because its the most non-flowy thing ever its so erratic. One second a guy is dead stand still and the next his bike shoots 10 feet forward... Don't compare it to anything associations are what ruin it, if u watch a trials video looking for flow or 30 foot gaps u wont find it. Watch it looking for the largest anti-flow possible and ull love them.

Problem isn't trials riding its trials videos. They copy bmx/skateboard style of editing... Trials vids should have like Beethoven or wagner, or some ultra epic symphonic metal. I see a lot of potential in them, but they are oftan ruined by the editing. Everything has its strenghts and weaknesses. Like skateboarding is tech, they cant go as big as bmxers, but they can do the most insane 4000 trick combos in the universe. Or do 100 million different tricks on a 1 foot high manuel box. You just need to focus on trials riders strength.

Edited by sayshell

Some people need to stay in more - those vids were standard in my book - and I think that what the other guys were trying to get accross by posting vids like the Crazy colt vid which is really good - and nick g post of the other brad simms stuff which is actually good and nobody has really commented. If you wanna get you mind blown have a look at a scotty cranmer vid, or steven hamiltons section on the fedral vid - now thats special - not say bradd simms is not a good rider but those too vids were just standard - nothing special at all - and you guys act as if you have never seen a big gap done on bmx??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqsR8A6psvM

Steven

Scotty

Ian Morris has gone big on various stuff before. Long list to be fair. But so have allot of other riders. It would be hard to make a list. Sheesh just thinking about making a list.

Brad Simon's has definitely improved since i last watched him and this doesn't disappoint. But when i watched the main gap that was the reason Damon posted this? I immediately thought there's been bigger. And like mentioned Steven Hamilton is also known for whopping gaps generally.

But Scotty Cranmer is well known now but he's always been good. Just he's very on the scene at the moment that's why everybody is over him.

As for that guy who reckons he's seen all the bmx vids, haha. Have you watched Standard - Stronger Than All?? Probably not, but there was allot of stuff in there that i hadn't seen before.

I think bmx has been moving forward fast ever since ever. But know we have the internet which goes fast it's so much more obvious.

For the final argument trials and bmx, i personally reckon trials is more practice than bmx. But bmx requires more bottle. Yeah you need a bit of both sometimes or even more bottle than skill in trials. It does vary but then flatland is more skill/ practice than anything else for example.

The 0.39 stairgap (N) not that impressive as ive seen bigger gaps from bmxers, and street mtbs without the use of that shite fisheye lens. As for the other clip, ive seen way better technical street bmx vids though i will admit that manual-to-nose wheelie-to-manual combo was sweet as (Y) On the issue of sick gaps, when was the last time a trials rider attempted or nailed a highspeed rolling gap over/across something? i can only remember neil tunnicliffe's rolling gap in one of his zoo vids where he launches off some stacked pallets. it looked to be around 20ft-25ft as a rough guess from the camera angle.

Trials vids should have like Beethoven or wagner, or some ultra epic symphonic metal

:sick:

amusing topic - Simms is a beast and the vid was good - but people have and will go bigger - without stacking....

was loving a few of those lines though, the 360 nosebonky thing on the rail was cool, along with the 180 whip thingy.

BMX vids are great to watch . Trials ones I think need a bit of effort to enjoy on the whole.

:sick:

amusing topic - Simms is a beast and the vid was good - but people have and will go bigger - without stacking....

was loving a few of those lines though, the 360 nosebonky thing on the rail was cool, along with the 180 whip thingy.

BMX vids are great to watch . Trials ones I think need a bit of effort to enjoy on the whole.

i agree trials vids r boring mostly.bmx street vids are an inspiration to me now! :)

so creative and open my eyes to new thigns and ideas

Problem isn't trials riding its trials videos. They copy bmx/skateboard style of editing... Trials vids should have like Beethoven or wagner, or some ultra epic symphonic metal.

To be fair i have hardly seen any trials videos that tend to have the bmx/skating style of editing, using long lines and following the rider/skater as they go. So i don't think there really is a problem, not that that would be a problem, just quite difficult to do with a more static type of sport. Also trials doesn't have to be with no flow, flow is what makes it good, people like Rowan johns/ John shrewsbury etc etc have lots of flow which is what makes it so good, i think flowy riding was a lot more common 'back int day' of like 04/05 when it was less about how big you could go. Just can't really compare two different sports thats all, just because it has a bike involved, it's a bit like comparing football with basketball due to the common link of the ball. Should just be about doing what ever you want to do really.

I have seen every bmx vid and trials vid in the universe
insane 4000 trick combos. Or do 100 million different tricks

I also think you exaggerate too much :P

Edited by T-rex rider