Trials-uk

grant_hundley

Spent £100 quid on a wheel with him, which came unbuilt with the wrong size spokes.

After buying a lot of other things.

Page e-mailed him and so did i, no reply.

I can appreciate he's very busy, but if he carries on as he is he's going to lose custom,

employ another person, im sure there's loads of people who would be happy to help.

He is absolutely useless. My mate ordered some stuff over the phone, and sent Dan round while he was on the phone to check it was in stock, because he needed it before christmas. About a week after christmas, he rang again to find out what was going on and Dan said the stuff wasn't in stock after all. So he just didn't send it out.

I will never order anything from him, Tarty have never sent anything to me that hasn't arrived the next day, been perfectly packaged or been exactly what I ordered. Even Supercycles manage to get everything out within a day or two, and they are running a bike company at the same time!

I rarely hear about Trials-UK when someone has been complimenting him, I met a guy recently that knew him pretty well and had ridden with him quite a lot, and even he said he is a great guy, but is useless when it comes to running a business.

Wayne, adamant?

I Cant really quote on the Online/Over the phone orders as i havent done so from Dan (I Collected the items myself)

But what i can say is that after speaking to Dan last thursday about a mix of parts that i wanted,

He suggested i send him, via email, a list of the parts and he will let me know what is in stock and as i live in Birmingham i was more than welcome to head on down to the warehouse to take a look for myself

Indeed he has been ill over the weekend and as already stated, being a one man business this has not helped in his favour.

There were times where i tried calling him and had no answer/reply and i guess with all the negative feed back around it started to put me me off abit dealing with him, but i received an email from him on tuesday explaining that he had not been well over the weekend and to assure me all was ok to pop down and that he would have everything ready for me and Indeed it was.

In between sorting out orders and his warehouse he was a great help.

its a shame there is such alot of negative feed back going around, as shown to me today, he is a quality guy and very welcoming even though we had only spoken over the phone.

we all make mistakes thats part of lifes learning curve, but i do belive if a mistake was made he would put it right.

His warehouse/shop looks to be coming on great and i hope when all is up and running, the business will run alot smoother for him.

Ok we all do it, leave things till the last minute and i do hope you get what it is you need sorting but put yourself in his shoes, he's doing his best with what at the moment is a busy time for him.

Cheers

It is unfortunate Grant, that you didn't get your pads, but maybe you should have given more time before you went away.

When someone says "I can definitely get your ___ to you by ____", which, if they did, would leave plenty of time, I'd generally expect them to do it. If they said they couldn't, I'd go with someone who could. Dan said he'd definitely get his pads to Ash on time, and then didn't. That's not Grant's fault, if Grant was told that it wouldn't be a problem for Dan to actually do his job and post out items that people have paid for, like ANY shop should?

Agreed... But I'm yet to see a bad word said about Tarty, and few problems with Select. Not one dealer has had as much bad press as T-UK has, for whatever reason.

My one order to T-UK went relitively smoothly, but maybe if Dan is having a hard time keeping customers happy he should employ a helper to bring better service to those who pay his bills....

X-Street and Mark Anthony have probably had worse press to be fair, but of the new breed of rider-owned companies, what you're saying is pretty true.

Regarding people saying that no-one ever compliments mail-orders - there are plenty of posts on here talking about how good Tarty's service is, and how helpful they are and so on. If you go above and beyond, people DO recognise it. However, if you've paid money for parts, have been told that they're in stock and ready to be sent, then either receive some other parts or nothing at all, then people are bound to get mardy about it and complain on here. There have been a few occassions where Dan's only sorted stuff out after people posted about it on here, so I can see why more people are doing it now if he's not replying to e-mails and so on.

His warehouse/shop looks to be coming on great and i hope when all is up and running, the business will run alot smoother for him.

Ok we all do it, leave things till the last minute and i do hope you get what it is you need sorting but put yourself in his shoes, he's doing his best with what at the moment is a busy time for him.

Fair enough, life's a bit hectic, but that doesn't mean you should make promises you can't keep, and disappoint your customers?

Im sorry but thats hardly a excuse "cut him some slack hes a one man business". This is business, you dont preform and expand createing a good name you soon go out of business closing down. Being a one man business is no excuse he should know that because of this customer service will slip, orders go wrong and just go fecking employ more people. The price of someones wage compared to the better service and happier customers resulting in more business is a price worth paying. Adam tarts employs 3 people plus him aswell, he could do it with less but that would mean his business would be like dans and wouldn't be where it is now.

Past few days Dan has been ill, so thats the reason he hasnt been able to answer his phone!

Its a one man business, so Grant, lay off a little bit, i can see your not too happy, but surely you can understand its hard and human error occurs when you are running a busy one man business!

And after goig down to Dans place todaym i realised how much work he is doing to the warehouse and shop, which may be another reason for the delay!

Try ringing him again, and cut him some slack! He tries hard and i know there are alot of people who are very happy with his service (including me), but we only ever hear of the bad things that happen!

I can see your annoyed Grant, but surely you can see it must be hard for him!

Owen

i've been ringing him since sunday. are customers supposed to just wait without knowing he's ill? he should atleast post up or put on his site.

Dan is really busy all the time. On the rare occasion I catch Dan, he is rushing about with deliveries and customer orders. If he has been ill, thats gonna sting him hugely and will effect his business on a whole.

It is unfortunate Grant, that you didn't get your pads, but maybe you should have given more time before you went away. I've made the same mistake with orders for parts before from various companies. I've left it late and a couple of days before needing something for a demo/comp, I make an order with which ever company has what I want in stock and order it, in hope that I'l get it in time.

Dan is under alot of pressure at the moment, particularly with his new warehouse and trying to get a shop up and running.

I've not seen him online at all this week, so I imagine he's probably been in bed all week away from communication and resting.

As for it coming across like trials-uk is useless, well thats only going on whats been said on the forum and from word of mouth, which will all be bad experience's. I bet none of you ever mention to a friend what good service you recieved from anywhere, when you have bought products.

People are always quick to spread bad news, but good news is hard to come by.

Way of the world!!!!!

i ordered pads on tuesday, he said he could send them wednesday, he sent them friday.

he didnt even ask if it were ok to send me some heatsink yellow v pads instead of the plaz crv's i ordered.

I rarely hear about Trials-UK when someone has been complimenting him, I met a guy recently that knew him pretty well and had ridden with him quite a lot, and even he said he is a great guy, but is useless when it comes to running a business.

yeah dan is a great guy, really friendly but just 'useless when it comes to running a business'

When someone says "I can definitely get your ___ to you by ____", which, if they did, would leave plenty of time, I'd generally expect them to do it. If they said they couldn't, I'd go with someone who could. Dan said he'd definitely get his pads to Ash on time, and then didn't. That's not Grant's fault, if Grant was told that it wouldn't be a problem for Dan to actually do his job and post out items that people have paid for, like ANY shop should?

he actually said to me that he was going to the post office on wednesday and will send them out...

as for people saying its not dans fault and hes a busy guy... is that an excuse for sending a customer used pads for full price, without the customer knowing?

is it ok for him to send someone a frame that he has sprayed himself, not even let it dry properly and then send it out not telling the customer?

i've witnessed some of his silly decisions, i told him that he should just ring the customer and explain the situation, but he just said (regarding sending out used pads) 'but they look new so its alright'

howcome he came online the forum yesterday if he's so ill....

Edited by Grant-Hundley

i have gave him good feedbakc in the past but now he has jsut got lazyier and lazier!

he has money, but no inteligence to run a business! if he wants to compete with tarty delta selectbikes etc he sohuld send his stuff out correctly and imform the person, even if he is ill he should still have a back up employee to elp him keep up with his orders etc, no excuse!

As for people saying its not dans fault and hes a busy guy... is that an excuse for sending a customer used pads for full price, without the customer knowing? or sending them a 16oz rump steak instead of a set of Red Echo CNC cranks because he didn't have them in stock? Is it ok for him to send someone a frame that he has sprayed himself, not even let it dry properly and then send it out not telling the customer?

my mate was waiting atleast 3 week for his frame and when he order forks at the same time they didnt come till yesterday.. he paid for them to be cut and dan said he would send urbans.. he got lites and not even cut :S

Yea I didn’t pay for them to be cut but he said he would for "compensation" and also send the echo Urbans which are 10 pound more expensive for compensation as well.

However he sent me a lolly pop and different forks to what he said he was going to send, i also asked him to put the headset cups into the frame for me and he didn’t after TWO weeks of waiting

So all in all not the best pleased in the order as I had to e-mail him over a week after I purchased them to find out my forks weren’t in stock.

I was hoping they would be delivered the day i got back after holiday which was a week after i ordered them, It was also my birthday the day I got back of holiday which stunk

Not impressed Trials-Uk

John...

if dan is so ill and cant answer my calls or reply to my emails, then why can he meet up with 2 people so that he can sell a bike....

As he is a bit better now!

Stop being a c*ck Grant! If you got problems with him, sort it out with him, dont start bitching and trying to score points!

Fair enough he may need another member of staff to help him out, but when i turned up there today, him and two other people were working hard on getting the warehouse abd the shop sorted.

You cant really start talking about "scamming" Grant, as atleast Dan has sent something out! Fair play he made a mistake, but im sure if you do get hold of him, he will sort you out!

Acting like a 5 year old Grant, and its relly p*ssing me off!

Owen

If you got problems with him, sort it out with him, dont start bitching and trying to score points!

He tried to. Dan didn't reply to his calls/e-mails. What else is he left to do? Like I said before, there have been numerous topics on here where people have had hassle with Trials-UK and Dan refuses to reply to them, but when it gets brought up on here he HAS to do something about it. I can see why Grant did it. I wouldn't say he was being 'bitchy', as like he said, if Dan's able to meet people to sell bikes and shit like that, I'm pretty sure he's well enough to fire up a web browser, log-in to his e-mail account and send someone an e-mail explaining what's going on with their order?

Yeah on the two orders I've made i was not too happy. First time was a BB. The web site said it was in stock. However after a few days days he phoned and said that it was out of stock. So I got my money back.

The second time was another BB a KO bikes one. I had a bad tight spot from the moment it was put on. I did not realise what was wrong, so carried on using it (it was the first time I had ever had a tight spot) I then found a thread on TF about it and someone said that it could from a bent BB. So I looked and saw that the BB is bent on the drive side.

I'm really not happy with the service. I don't know if I can still get a refund.

Dan if you read this please say you will give me a refund and then i will order from you again. I only got it in June.

Edited by 15 years later

Not nice when you pay for parts and they don't come....

thats not really the issue i have atm.

imo getting parts delivered within 5 working days is good. the parts did get to ash in that time (but he wasnt at his house at the time).

its just the fact he lied about when he'd send them out, and changed my order without asking, and now not answering calls and emails but still selling bikes to other customers....

tnh ive just recently had some problems with dan ko about refils for my cnc backings it took him 2 weeks to send that and he sent the wrong pads but BUT he is a busy man and if it was easy to run a nation wide company then every one would be doing it. dan x

tnh ive just recently had some problems with dan ko about refils for my cnc backings it took him 2 weeks to send that and he sent the wrong pads but BUT he is a busy man and if it was easy to run a nation wide company then every one would be doing it. dan x

but what do tarty do when there is going to be delays etc.

usually post up on the news section on they're site and letting customers know there might be delays..

good point but i dont see you running an internet store on your own , fair play your anoyed but i was anoyed and he could of sent off my stuff in an envelope , to be honest this topic should be closed because its getting a bit out of control . dan x

Edited by dan more