Drilled Frame

rider_01

Quite abit, theres dimples on the Gussets that go between the top and down tube, Random shallow holes in the BB area, 2 drillings on the Gusset behind the bb, 2 5mm holes in the seattube, dropouts have som maybe 2mm deep dimples drilled on them, some neatly doen dimples on the top of the BB Gusset and 2 dimples on the G and the U near the rear triangle.

I've ridden this frame, there certainly were no cracks then!

Get pics of it and judge for yourself, if it held Adam up it should be fine. :P

:(

Looking at my Feedback do i look like the Kind of Guy to sell someone a cracked frame ?

He hasn't even rode it yet so he can't have cracked it either, you are infact talking shit.

Everything adam has said is true he is a sound lad and coundn't expect more of some one when buying something and i havnt ridden the frame yet so it can have been cracked unless the respsray has caused it too crack! :P so w.e i only offered as a test really to see if you would swap but to be honest im more towards keeping the frame now .

Laddsy

When I posted I either hadn't refreshed the page in a while and missed the frames origins being mentioned or skimmed over the relevant posts. For this reason when I posted I didn't know who was selling it. I've seen and heard of it being done before where sellers offer a respray before the buyer has a chance to look over a frame, allowing all sorts of damage to be covered for long enough so that by the time the cracks show through the new paint, the seller is long gone or can argue the new buyer cracked the frame on his own. Don't take it personally - it was not intended as a personal attack (Given that to reiterate I didn't know who was selling the frame when I posted). I would still apply it as a general rule though, any trials part being sold second hand is guaranteed to have had a hard life :).

Haha, I've never heard of that happening, ever. If you wanted to scam someone, why would you go to the trouble of cracking your frame, respraying it and sending it, when you could just keep it?

I bought my bike as a complete build with a rear maggy and an 07 frame, it was all as new, it was like it had hardly been ridden.

If you wanted to scam someone, why would you go to the trouble of cracking your frame, respraying it and sending it, when you could just keep it?

I don't follow the logic in this one? The point was that if you want to sell a frame that's already cracked, you'll get a much better price if the buyer can't see the cracks...

But then you'll get worse feedback... :D

I'm devil's advocating here BTW. I'm pretty sure there isn't a single poster to this forum who wouldn't consider scamming another forum user as a barely forgiveable crime. Most people here are honestly trying to help each other and the sport of trials and it's great to see :).