The Olympics

Haz

Anyone watch the Mixed Badminton Doubles earlier?

Emms and Robinson won the first game, lost the second, then made come back from 12 - 17 in the 3rd game to win 21 - 19. They won 8 straight games!

Such an intense match, now the number two seeds are out of the way, they have a great shot at the gold!

In other news Togo got their first ever medal today after god knows how long competeting in the kayak slalom taking a silver. Was dead good to watch.

I'm getting proper into The Olympics this year, more so than normal. :D

Georgia vs. Russia was on earlier.

:ermm:

The Georgians were hot, and the Russians weren't bad either.

All it needed was it for them to break out ina fight, rip off each others clothes and wrestle about politics.

That would make it the best Olympics ever.

Georgia vs. Russia was on earlier.

:ermm:

The Georgians were hot, and the Russians weren't bad either.

All it needed was it for them to break out ina fight, rip off each others clothes and wrestle about politics.

That would make it the best Olympics ever.

Yeah, I was watching that and had a bit of a lol about the irony. And there was some nice ass in that match.

Our boxer David Price did well in his fight this afternoon against the European champion Islam Timurziev.. the fight got stopped after two standing 8 counts in the second round. Price's looking good and i can see him getting a medal.

I'm really enjoying these olympics actually :)

Edited by Adam L

It was on the coverage after the diving. They were diving badly and apparently the 14 year old called his mum before the last dive all upset while the 19 year old was saying it wasn't over yet. The 14 year old 'had a pop at him' although i'm not sure quite what he meant by that.

So then the 19 year old said this publicly after and said 'he (14 year old) was really nervous on the day, he had more nerves on the day and that's what counts'

Jelous much?

Thought this was the best place to complain. I'm getting really angry about how the media treat the Olympics like a place to win medals and nothing else. It's sport ffs, not a greyhound race. Wondering if you're also getting this in your news? The only thing they talk is "boo, Mr. X didn't win a medal in Y, how much worse can it get".