Hmm, I Pretty Sure Im Being Scammed On Ebay

King C

So I tried to sell a phone on ebay. Someone bought it using the Buy It Now but.....

He has no feedback and is a new ebayer (less than 30 days), he lives in Germany but its a present for his son who lives in Nigeria. (Sounds really genuine doesnt it, NOT)

Heres a couple of emails I got:

[Please send me total amount for eBay item #150280386825, Sony Ericsson W950i Touchscreen phone‏

Sent: 08 August 2008 02:11:29

Reply-to: marcuze003@uymail.com

To: kingcchan@hotmail.com

Cc: marcuze003@uymail.com

Please note that this is a system generated email. Please do not reply to this email. If you have questions, please click the following link or paste it in your browser. http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/contact_inline/index.html

Please send me the total amount for my item.]

[Dear kcchan0,

I have purchased the following item on eBay from you. Please send me the total amount I owe you.

get back to me

Please send me the total amount for my eBay item

You can send me an invoice easily by clicking Send Invoice below.

Item # Item Title Qty. Price

150280386825 Sony Ericsson W950i Touchscreen phone 1 £80,00

I would like to have the item sent to the address below:

marcuze alexander

Carl-von-Linde Str

Unterschleissheim

99768, Unterschleissheim

Germany

Thank you.

marcuz200857

eBay treats your personal information with the utmost care, and our Privacy Policy is designed to protect you and your information. eBay will never ask their users for personal information, such as bank account numbers, credit card numbers, pin numbers, passwords, or Social Security numbers in an email. For more information on how to protect your eBay password and your account, please visit User Account Protection.]

Sent him a message saying that I wont post abroad and then I get:

[item paid‏

You may not know this sender.Mark as safe|Mark as unsafe

Sent: 08 August 2008 04:18:09

Dear seller,i am the winner of the item and i want to inform you clearly that i am working with travel agency and due to my condition of the job i am not at HOME and that is why you have to help me make the shipment of the item to my(SON) after paypal has notify you my payment for the item via paypal and i also want you to know that as soon as you notify by paypal you are to post item to my son because it for his (BIRTHDAY GIFT) and you have to make postege via royalmail and please i haved already inform ebay and paypal that i want my son item get post as soon as i completed payment so please, as i am mailling you now,i will like item ready for postege so that as soon as ebay sent u a comfirmation of my payment you post item. PLEASE AND please MY SON SHIPPING ADRESSS HAS BEEN GIVEN TO PAYPAL.and you can confirm my son shipping address Mr Samson Alexander.Block 112 Flact 6,Pencelima Agege Local,Government Area,Lagos state,Nigeria.23401. -- ]

Then I supposedly get this from paypal:

[marcuze alexande has just sent you an Auction Payment of £110.00 GBP with PayPal For An Ebay Item(PayPal®P in:# 150280386825‏

Sent: 08 August 2008 04:36:53

Reply-to: transaction.inc@writeme.com

Dear king chan,

You have been sent a PayPal® payment of £110.00 GBP for an ebay item from one of Member marcuze alexander (marcuze003@uymail.com) for a recent item purchased from you.

Money Request Details

------------------------------ ------------------------------ ------------------------------ ----------

Buyer's Payment Information:

------------------------------ ------------------------------ ------------------------------ ----------

Payment Type MASTER CARD

Name on Card VICRTRY ALEXANDER

Card Number 5491*******67212

Expiry Date mm/yy 08/09

Card Holder Address ***************

Shipping Information:

Shipping Method : ROYALMAIL SIGNED FOR DELIVERY ABROAD.

POSTAL ADDRESS CERITIFIED BY PAYPAL AUTHORITY

MR SAMSON ALEXANDER,

BLOCK 112 FLACT 6,

PENCENIMA AGAGE L.G.A,

LAGOS STATE,

NIGERIA,

Payment to: ( kingcchan@hotmail.com)

Item Amount: £80.00 GBP

Postage & Packing: £30.00 GBP

Total Amount: £110.00 GBP

Item Title : Sony Ericsson W950i Touchscreen phone (150280386825)

Money paid Details:

This PayPal® payment has been deducted from the buyer's account and has been "APPROVED" but will not be credited to your account until you ship and mail us with shipment tracking number, sent to our customer's service for shipment verification so as to secure both the buyer and the seller. Below are the necessary information requested before your account will be credited.

1: Make sure you receive the PayPal® Payment confirmation before any shipment.

2 : Make sure the approved mail contains the total amount for the item bought.

3 : Make sure you ship the item to the address the buyer gave to you which is written

above, immediately you receive the approved confirmation.

4 : Make sure the shipment tracking number is sent to our customer's service for shipment verification so as to secure both the buyer and the seller. Make sure the shipment tracking number is sent to us ONLY through: (transaction.inc@writeme.com)

5: Make sure the shipment tracking number is mailed to us ONLY and not the buyer.

We thank you for your prompt attention. Please understand that this is a security measure intended to help protect you and your account..

We apologize for any inconvenience.

Copyright ©1999-2008 PayPal. All rights reserved.

PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l. & Cie, S.C.A.

Société en Commandite par Actions

Registered Office: 5th Floor 22-24 Boulevard Royal L-2449, Luxembourg

RCS Luxembourg B 118 349

PayPal Email ID PP305

Thank you for using paypal ® . We look forward serving your online auction payment needs in the future.

Sincerely,

Gene Braint

Paypal Team. ]

Heres the item for anyone who wants to know.

So apparently hes sent me £25 extra for postage? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...E:L:LCA:GB:1123

What do you make of this? Should I report this to Ebay? Whats the worst that can happen if I dont send the phone?

Just looking for some advice on what to do really.

Thanks for reading.

King

Edited by kcchan

No it hasnt been credited BUT from reading NBRcycles' Ebay/Paypal topic about not crediting accounts until reciept and satisfaction of the item, it got me awondering, hence the topic now.

Edited by kcchan

No it hasnt been credited BUT from reading Phils Ebay/Paypal topic about not crediting accounts until reciept and satisfaction of the item, it got me awondering, hence the topic now.

If that were the case, you'd have a transaction shown in your Paypal account with a 'status: held' or similar. If there's nothing there, he ain't paid.

Or on the Off chance it istn a scam, send An e-mail back saying as soon as all funds have cleared in your accounts you will send the phone.

Although there is 1 fundamental Error with those E-mails.

Paypal and Ebay will Allways use your name. Not your user name, not Mr/Sir/Madam ect.

Go check your paypal, is there anything there that says there's a payment of £120. (Even if it's been held it'll show).

If not all he's done is made a fake paypal email making you think you've got the funds. The paypal email looks dodgy as f**k anyway.

Edited by JT!

"will not be credited to your account until you ship and mail us with shipment tracking number"

kind of gives it away...

O, scam it is then.

Funny how this new ebay policey has created a scam. :lol:.