Isn't It A Pity...

Dr. Nick Riviera

To carry on the analogy, I think the real issue is people calling somthing red when it's mauve.

Mauve being a horrible, boring colour. Red is cool and interesting!

I have had many an interesting conversation with the colour red. I can't deny that.

Anyone ever considered that they just love a bit of drama and that this whole thread is just a drama game. TF's own (cue music) trialsenders? I suspect that's what underlies the appeal of disagreement and "hate"red between riding styles as expressed here.

im amazing on a bike.

Mummy told me so

I aint replyin in any further depth than that purely because i cant be arsed with th bickering....+ i did all my bickering trying to back fat pants up in the happy thread

you bickering lightweight :P

i like to ride my bicycle :D

For probably the only time in my entire life, I'm with this guy.

And for the people who sent in the reports of flaming in this thread and others who seem to think the reactions of the 'TGS Crowd' are uncalled for: well, you were kind of asking for it weren't you?

Rich

Think you've only got to look at rowans latest video thread to see what percentage of the forum prefer that to tgs.

I don't understand this crap. Its a shame that trials is being seen as a divide because people are getting arrogant with their ability. And I know this thread was just designed for this and id like to not fall into the trap but im going to jump in, two footed.

I first noticed it between the competition/natural riders. Alot of these guys have amazing control, really spot on, but you never hear about them unless you're a regular visitor there. But then again, you never heard them slag off street riders. So all was well, the two sides weren't fond of each other but nobody cared, and nobody would start a thread on trials forum saying anything like it

now this...

Im not going to say TGS is shit, because its not when you think about it. TGS riders go so big its awesome. But Im not a "fan" because I like to think my bike is worth more than a couple of movements. Natural is good too for the same reason, its alot more challenging to yourself and when you make the line you feel much happier with yourself as you know its harder (Y)

Anyway point is, I dont care if there is segregation between a new group of trials. But the pity is the fact that arguments are brought up between the styles...

Clearly you never visited the Trialskings forum in the days of old, or TF in its early days. Every other thread was an argument of street vs natural.

I don't think anyone is trying to take anything away from the big TGS street riders. They do what they do, presumably because they like it, and are good at it. It's impressive to watch, even if it's not pure trials. They're taking things to extremes so they need to 'tuck' to get that extra inch and harsh riding is something that inevitably happens when you go so big. The annoying people are the ones who just follow the TGS trends of drop gapping, tucking, and riding harshly when they're not going particularly big. And then come on here saying how great TGS is, and how old-school street riding is stupid. You know who you are. Although you probably didn't bother to read this far into my post.

Ultimately, I don't really care. If you enjoy something, carry on.

If I'm gonna put my two cents in, I'd probably go so far as to say that TGS is actually harder to do well than spinny flicky creative stuff. I mean, I probably count myself as a TGS rider as thats what the majority of my video's consist of, and also generally lack 'lines' i.e. several moves linked together. But the fact that I'm not very good at TGS stuff shows in the comparison of how well my video's are received compared to someone like Damon's, who does TGS extremely well.

Thats right, come get me TF...

Clearly you never visited the Trialskings forum in the days of old, or TF in its early days. Every other thread was an argument of street vs natural.

I don't think anyone is trying to take anything away from the big TGS street riders. They do what they do, presumably because they like it, and are good at it. It's impressive to watch, even if it's not pure trials. They're taking things to extremes so they need to 'tuck' to get that extra inch and harsh riding is something that inevitably happens when you go so big. The annoying people are the ones who just follow the TGS trends of drop gapping, tucking, and riding harshly when they're not going particularly big. And then come on here saying how great TGS is, and how old-school street riding is stupid. You know who you are. Although you probably didn't bother to read this far into my post.

Ultimately, I don't really care. If you enjoy something, carry on.

(Y)