Crop Circles

ti-mig-guy

From a plane, pretty sure they would have been seen. In one hour it would be hard to complete it 100%, that's my point. Too fast, to be made by man, and too perfect to be done in time. That image I linked sucked, but Google image is loaded with others.

Yer but the pilot could be bullshitting. I'm sure theres been plenty of cases of crop circles/ufo sightings/photos of fairies that have been proved wrong cos people are straight up lieing and being devious for publicity or other wierd reasons.

That one you showed there wouldn't be hard to make at all, it's just loadsa little ones put together. All the ones on google images could be drawn by someone with ok technical drawing skills and a bit of time.

Those are way to complex to be man made. If we could do that with a rope ladder and a plank, it still leaves the question of who made the patterns and how did they scale them up to full size? If you think they are fake, grab a pencil ruler and anything else you think will help, and try to make a drawing of one. If you could draw it, accurately, in one night I would be amazed. Then you need to figure out how to weave the down stalks together to form intricate patterns.

Dude, spirograph....

This post is so full of flaws,

http://www.sott.net/signs/images/posters/sott_circles.jpg

Those are way to complex to be man made. If we could do that with a rope ladder and a plank, it still leaves the question of who made the patterns and how did they scale them up to full size? If you think they are fake, grab a pencil ruler and anything else you think will help, and try to make a drawing of one. If you could draw it, accurately, in one night I would be amazed. Then you need to figure out how to weave the down stalks together to form intricate patterns.

Please answer me these questions:

Why are they too complex? They're just basic patterns in reality. That's like finding a detailed painting and saying "that's way too complex to be man made". Just because you're too dumb to be able to draw them, doesnt mean everyone is.

The people who made them are probably very bored individuals, if you want to see how they scale them up, check these links out

http://lug.oregonstate.edu/events/firefox/crop-circle

http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Crop-Circle

http://science.howstuffworks.com/crop-circle5.htm

Basically, you start out with someone in the middle, and then a piece of rope, and thats how you work out the exterior shape. It's all maths pretty much

I don't think they're "fake", I don't see how they could be, but what makes you think these people draw them in one night? I'm sure they take months of planning, and then a strong workforce to get it right, I very much doubt it's one dude doing it.

Also, the stalks arent woven into patterns, it's just the way that they look from the air. If you got up close to them, you'd just see that's how the stalks of the plant have fallen.

This post has proven to you to be a f**king idiot. What the hell are you thinking?!

Some of these are made by teams of dudes at night with sticks and string.

It's been on telly

but no-one could make this -

crop_circles1.jpg

with a stick and some string in one night, surely.

Yep, see picture!

The point of making them appear complex is to make you think that they couldn;t be done by people; to make you think they are done by aliens.

It's clever stuff, no doubt about it, and would take a lot of planning, but by using ropes and pegs to form basically huge compasses I recon it's easily possible to do one of these is a surprisingly short amount of time.

Otherwise we can conclude that aliens do not have hayfever.

lmfao!

to be honest, i think if an alien landed in a field it would leave either 3 or 4 'wheel' marks like a plane, or the 'mysterious' oblong shape people seem to think they look like, not some pretty pattern. or maybe it might be the rugby ball thats been spying on ali

Edited by Bearded Midget

the point of making them appear complex is to make you think that they couldn;t be done by people; to make you think they are done by aliens.

this is also true lol.

The best 'crop circle' i saw was on google earth, its in barnsley and it says, 'f**k'

lol

i've seen a crop circle in real life, it was cool.

I'm reasonably confident if I drew something on paper, I could work out a fully logical and practical way of making it over 100 time larger in a crop field.

That's what I'm training to do. ;)

The most recent one was a depiction of Pi, to ten decimal places, was pretty cool, but nowhere near as complex as some.

Yep, see picture!

The point of making them appear complex is to make you think that they couldn;t be done by people; to make you think they are done by aliens.

It's clever stuff, no doubt about it, and would take a lot of planning, but by using ropes and pegs to form basically huge compasses I recon it's easily possible to do one of these is a surprisingly short amount of time.

I think were forgetting how increddibly(SP? lol) smart some people in this world are.

we can send a man to the moon but we cant make fancy patterns in grass... think about it..

This post is so full of flaws,

Please answer me these questions:

Why are they too complex? They're just basic patterns in reality. That's like finding a detailed painting and saying "that's way too complex to be man made". Just because you're too dumb to be able to draw them, doesnt mean everyone is.

The people who made them are probably very bored individuals, if you want to see how they scale them up, check these links out

http://lug.oregonstate.edu/events/firefox/crop-circle

http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Crop-Circle

http://science.howstuffworks.com/crop-circle5.htm

Basically, you start out with someone in the middle, and then a piece of rope, and thats how you work out the exterior shape. It's all maths pretty much

I don't think they're "fake", I don't see how they could be, but what makes you think these people draw them in one night? I'm sure they take months of planning, and then a strong workforce to get it right, I very much doubt it's one dude doing it.

Also, the stalks arent woven into patterns, it's just the way that they look from the air. If you got up close to them, you'd just see that's how the stalks of the plant have fallen.

This post has proven to you to be a f**king idiot. What the hell are you thinking?!

I am talking about the time table involved. When you take into account that there is about 5 hours of full dark in the UK in the summer, and farmers are keeping an eye out for vandals, the time is short. For the Tripple Julia set the math is astounding. The average amount of time available for each circle is 1.15 minutes, thats fast. Even if they had staked it all out (that would leave holes, and they are not there) this would be to fast.

No doubt people could do it, but I don't think it could be done so fast. When a team used surveying equipment in the full sun, it took 4 people 12 hours to plot the points on paper. It took over 120 points of reference to lay it out.

I do agree that there are ton of "fake" crop circles, but there are some that seem to good to be fake.

maybe its just british people that like making up bullshit.

seeing as its a farmers field, usually the crops are higher than head height. so nobody would be able to see people doing it, if it was people :P

The crops that crop circles are usualy discovered in are now where near head height unless you are some sort of midget, they are usualy done in what looks like either Wheat, Barley or possible Oats.

Adam

I am talking about the time table involved. When you take into account that there is about 5 hours of full dark in the UK in the summer, and farmers are keeping an eye out for vandals, the time is short. For the Tripple Julia set the math is astounding. The average amount of time available for each circle is 1.15 minutes, thats fast. Even if they had staked it all out (that would leave holes, and they are not there) this would be to fast.

No doubt people could do it, but I don't think it could be done so fast. When a team used surveying equipment in the full sun, it took 4 people 12 hours to plot the points on paper. It took over 120 points of reference to lay it out.

I do agree that there are ton of "fake" crop circles, but there are some that seem to good to be fake.

Ever seen f**k off massive graffiti pieces in spots where security is tight and there would be very little time to do it? It's kinda the same thing. And again, for the ones that seem to complicated, the farmer could be in on it? Theres alot of publicity and stuff there.

Ever seen f**k off massive graffiti pieces in spots where security is tight and there would be very little time to do it? It's kinda the same thing. And again, for the ones that seem to complicated, the farmer could be in on it? Theres alot of publicity and stuff there.

Actually the graffiti reference is well interesting. Good point.

Some of these are made by teams of dudes at night with sticks and string.

It's been on telly

but no-one could make this -

crop_circles1.jpg

with a stick and some string in one night, surely.

Nope, they did it with photoshop. :lol:

• 3 years later...

And this is at the top of chit chat without a bump becauseeee???

Either way cool thread :)

Some random guy bumped it, but he appeared to have only signed up to bump this thread. I'm guessing his posts/account got deleted so it looks like it's just randomly appeared.

Anyway, crop circles are kind of interesting. They're not made by little green men, (unless the humans making them happen to be short and very ill or painted), but they're interesting all the same.

The forum got hacked and they posted hundreds of links to their site in topics, those posts got deleted. There might be a lot of revived topics because of it.