Onza Ben Slinger Proto

N Roach

Evening,

Just finished building this. Big Thanks to tartyBikes for a few parts and for the great service/advice. Also another Thanks to my good mate who spray the frame(You know who you are.) I am soo happy with the outcome. The bike is extremely nice to ride, flicky and easy. I have a before picture to show how much work I have put into cleaning it up. I have taken most of the mounts of because the previous user had smashed them bad. Also used the dremel on the headtube, to save abit of weight. Enjoy!

Before makeover:

After Makeover:

Nathan

Edited by N Roach

Hmm still not sure about the drop stays. Maybe I'd think differently of it if I saw it in the flesh, but for the moment I'm not too keen. You'll have to bring it out to Poole one day Nath, and I can make a proper decision about it. You should have sprayed it orange to match your Ozonys!! It would be like a mini-me-bike.

Enjoy it anyway Nath.

You insane basterd (Y) back on a mod for a while are we nath ? freshhhhhhhhhh

yeah well nice job on that bad boy meshman....looks real nice dude

ride soonish yeah ?

Dave x

Indeed!

A bit of a saggy bum, but hey my ex had a saggy bum and i used to love grabbing it when she was riding me - Each to their own ;)

What up with the stock - i noticed you were looking for new wheel set?

Neil

Thanks for the comments! I like to be different, personally I love the chain stays and that is all that counts.

Indeed!

A bit of a saggy bum, but hey my ex had a saggy bum and i used to love grabbing it when she was riding me - Each to their own ;)

What up with the stock - i noticed you were looking for new wheel set?

Neil

Hey Neil,

Yes im looking for some new rims. Mine are nearly 8 months old + I had a bad fall off at Portland the sunday before last and bent/flat spotted my front wheel. The 26" is still 100% fine but would ride nicer with some round wheels :P

Hopefully ride soon!

Nathan

Edited by Nathan Coward

Edit: do the dropped chainstays not make ANY differenct to the feel of it?

I really dont know. I havent ridden another 20" yet to tell the difference. One thing that really seems easy on this bike is flicking to back wheel, maybe due to the added weight at the back.

Video is on its way.

fancied a bit of change then nathan? very nice looking bike!

you sure did a good job, love the headtube weight save, looks neat :)

steve

Well the idea was to build it up and sell it on. I still have the lovely Ozonys, but this onza just suits me perfect, feel so comfatable. But its nearly time for me to buy a car so I mite have to sell it to top up the bank. Rie soon Steve!

Nathan