New Trialtech Fork

Tribal Zone

Havn't read the whole topic but i assume it would be akward to use these forks with a monty stem ?
It would certainly make it harder (I'm assuming you mean the sloping top cap idea), though I've heard you can use a standard top cap with them. I assume it'd mean running a really long bolt. I've also caught wind of some people knocking a star nut into a threaded steerer tube and running the standard arrangement before

Personally, I'd run a different stem if possible though :)

Regarding this whole lines and TGS debate. I must of had this 100's of times. Don't get me wrong, TGS is absolutely amazing to ride, I love it and to be honest just lately, it's all i've been riding....

However...I've been riding with a different group of people lately, now, Im still doing TGS, yet it's becoming technical, Instead of the standard sidehop. Front wheel's landiing on a wall and the rear on a rail. That kind of thing makes TGS well fun. Yet the standard TGS is still a massive challege. Trying to get that extra inch takes alot.

Now, as for lines. TGS is still easily do-able into a line. Sidehop a wall at say 45", ride along the wall till it gets to say 8ft high, then turn on the wall and gap to the other wall and then 360 off. Its still TGS, but it becomes a nice mix and more of a challege.

I remember when i used to have the same attitude as "T-comp mike" and "Mat Smith".

I soon realised a little variation doesn't go a miss (Y).

Now, I'm a very biased person that 4 bolt 2007 Zoo forks are the strongest forks out there at the min. However, Some of the trial tech stuff is shit hot, Looks great. If my Zoo!'s happen to snap at some point and i feel like a change, May give these ago depending on price :)

its not that i dont do a sidehop and ride along the wall do a gap then a drop, because i do? :S

i like improving my sidehops/gaps or whatever, without having to do 7 different moves before i get to the sized gap i would like to achive.

i have no problem with my zoo forks, ive had my forks the same amount of time waddys had his trialtechs and neither has had a problem so?..

but wha'ever.

Mat

Im pretty much the best rider in the world ever. END OF. I ride TGS, im the ultimate basher. but at the end of the day, i would say that there is no-one better than me in the whole world.

I like to go off topic to the max.

p.s trialtech forks look amazin dave, and if they ride anything like my atomz ones, then your onto a winner, cos they feel lush.

As for monty stems... Why would you run a monty stem when you can run a trialtech stem? :P

I would also have the same issue with my Try-All stem sadly though, and with the geo being 125 x 25 which is bang on the mark for the frame, I'm screwed. Simply because theres nothing else around with geo like that and a normal top-cap. Plus, these forks I suspect have the standard 45mm rake. This is totally fine, and totally sensible on Dave's part. However, because koxx are cockxx, to make my bike feel nice - I have to use koxx forks with 35mm rake, otherwise I'd be stuck with a mong headangle.

Edit: Oh, and I predict £140.

Edited by Quackers!!

As for monty stems... Why would you run a monty stem when you can run a trialtech stem? :P

I would also have the same issue with my Try-All stem sadly though, and with the geo being 125 x 25 which is bang on the mark for the frame, I'm screwed. Simply because theres nothing else around with geo like that and a normal top-cap. Plus, these forks I suspect have the standard 45mm rake. This is totally fine, and totally sensible on Dave's part. However, because koxx are cockxx, to make my bike feel nice - I have to use koxx forks with 35mm rake, otherwise I'd be stuck with a mong headangle.

You can use a tryall stem on them waddy did it with his viz forks.

You take the threaded top cap thing and cut off the top (the top cap bit of it at the top of the threads) this leaves just the threads and its hollow aswell. You then find a right size nut and press or hammer it into the centre as its hollow. Then thread it into the forks and fit the stem and use the tryall top cap with a bolt to fit the nut.

totally agree - we need a better quality (forged not welded perhaps?) stem in this size.

fingers crossed....