New 221 Kamel 2009

TrAsHeR

For god's sayke!!! why can't they make one with magura mounts on the rear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate it, maily because i cant EVER, EVER afford one of these things!

It is unbelievably uber niiice!!

how much is this one ?and i think there is one with maggy and disk mount but not to sure

£950 for a frame with... how shall we put this... 'longevity' issues? Almost £1k for a frame that in it's last (not wildly different) version snapped/cracked pretty easily?

Right.

Right...

The subtext to this is "f**k Monty". When they were trying to sell X-Lites a few years back for £500+ despite the fact that people, to quote S7, usually expected them to last 'at most a season', I thought they were taking the piss. Almost doubling the price tag on their frames means they're definitely taking the piss. What's even worse is that some stupid c**ts are going to buy this just because it's Monty, and that's what you have to do. Like their £40 ACS Claw freewheels, and their old £40 VP double cage pedals - despite them being rebranded generic shit people still paid out the arse for them because they said Monty on it. It is pretty impressive though how they managed to embody in a single frame everything I hated about the comp scene.

Well, there we are I guess. Some kids parents are about to have to re-mortgage their houses...

It's interesting how they are using a chromo steerer pressed into an alloy crown. I can't understand how that would actually make the forks 'better' as there are other things they could do?

Monty has always been expensive though. But i imagen the czarrider/ czarkid/ czarbikes crew will have on soon :S

As for the looks - I think it looks rad, reminds me of trials motorbikes.

However, Mark's bang on there. How can they justify such expense? After-all, the manufacturing costs can't be double, surely? And yes, plenty of kids with parents of weak character ("Oh, my poor child must have everything he wants!") will receive them no doubt, and 'sponsored' riders will buy them at discount prices (despite the fact a discounted price would probably be more than the RRP of something else just as good/better). I've said it before, and I'll say it again - bring back the days of XC frames and home made bashguards.

Or maybe I'm just too cynical in my old age, and you should ignore me.

The team can get them with maggie mounts, surely they'll be released sooner or later?

Also, you're missing out, dual disc is f**king awesome.

I have a bike with dual disc, i know there good, But i have a bmx king on my trials bike which doesn't have a disc mount and i really don't want to get rid of it when its most likley to be one of the few purple bmx kings in the UK lol

As for the looks - I think it looks rad, reminds me of trials motorbikes.

However, Mark's bang on there. How can they justify such expense? After-all, the manufacturing costs can't be double, surely? And yes, plenty of kids with parents of weak character ("Oh, my poor child must have everything he wants!") will receive them no doubt, and 'sponsored' riders will buy them at discount prices (despite the fact a discounted price would probably be more than the RRP of something else just as good/better). I've said it before, and I'll say it again - bring back the days of XC frames and home made bashguards.

Or maybe I'm just too cynical in my old age, and you should ignore me.

Tony Harrison is Chris Ratcliff :P But basically, yeah. Not necessarily going back to old XC frames 'cos they really weren't as much fun to ride, although they did make stuff more challenging (Which is of course fun...).

I have a bike with dual disc, i know there good, But i have a bmx king on my trials bike which doesn't have a disc mount and i really don't want to get rid of it when its most likley to be one of the few purple bmx kings in the UK lol

I thought the BMX Kings were the same shell size as the MTB Kings with disc mounts, so couldn't you just swap shells, assuming they do purple shells on their disc-compatible hubs?

I thought the BMX Kings were the same shell size as the MTB Kings with disc mounts, so couldn't you just swap shells, assuming they do purple shells on their disc-compatible hubs?

Tada.

I have a BMX King too, with a disc mount. Win. Just buy an ISO shell from Aspire, £45, get it fitted at tarty, £10, build your wheel back up again, hooray!!

Edited by Mark King

Tony Harrison is Chris Ratcliff :P But basically, yeah. Not necessarily going back to old XC frames 'cos they really weren't as much fun to ride, although they did make stuff more challenging (Which is of course fun...).

Yes, mine is a classic shell from an MTB moved onto bmx insides, i know its easy! its just the colour i want!...

I tell you what, you find me a PURPLE shell with disc mount! THEN im interested! :shifty:

Yes, mine is a classic shell from an MTB moved onto bmx insides, i know its easy! its just the colour i want!...

I tell you what, you find me a PURPLE shell with disc mount! THEN im interested! :shifty:

I can't.

Function over fashion but each to their own.

Apart from the Boxx has geo that would appeal to a lot of riders, no-one rides a mod that small. It's probably a typo anyway, my brother's T-Lite is 985 and that's absolutely tiny. If the Monty is really 35mm shorter, it would be a bit daft.

EDIT: I really should have checked the facts before believing you. It says on the monty site it has the same geo as the 07.

Wheelbase: 1010mm

Chainstay Length: 363mm

BB Rise: 80mm

Head Angle: 71.5 degrees

Centre of BB shell to top centre of head tube: 600mm (23.6")

Edited by Muel

Random babbling about purple...

If you get any colour or CK shell (silver would make sense) I'm sure you'd be able to get it anodized purple for about £15-£20... You could even do a batch of a load of your parts to make them all matching... You could even get a matching handbag I imagine! :P

Apart from the Boxx has geo that would appeal to a lot of riders, no-one rides a mod that small. It's probably a typo anyway, my brother's T-Lite is 985 and that's absolutely tiny. If the Monty is really 35mm shorter, it would be a bit daft.

What are you on about El Muelio? 950 is referring to the price of the frame, not the wheelbase... Am I missing the sarcasm?!