Iow Or I.o.w?

JD™

IOW or I.O.W  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Which one is it?

• IOW
    • I.O.W

Technically, as dictated by the English language, it should be I.O.W. But if the Isle of Wight as an entity has decided and stated on a wedsite that it's IOW then it becomes almost like a trademark and trademarks don't have to conform to the rules, so I think it's one of those annoying situations where you're both kinda right.

Davey

the reason it doesnt have the dots on the website address is only due to domain names and sub domain surely, its just easier to put IOW, although it should be i.o.w

I know what you mean, but I was talking about the actual content of the website, not the website address itself.

Technically, as dictated by the English language, it should be I.O.W. But if the Isle of Wight as an entity has decided and stated on a wedsite that it's IOW then it becomes almost like a trademark and trademarks don't have to conform to the rules, so I think it's one of those annoying situations where you're both kinda right.

Davey

annoyingly, i think that's as close to a win as I'll get. Luckily, instead of worrying about it, I'll just get a few mates to ring up, say they saw the advert and would like some more info. Then at least she'll be happy that she got something from it and give me more money... haha.