Braking Fingers Poll

Ezg_Cannuck

How many fingers does it take?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. When pulling on the brake lever, do you use one (1) finger or two (2) fingers?

• One (1) Finger
    • Two (2) Fingers

Next question is does anyone brake with their middle finger rather than index finger? I discovered that with 4 finger levers on cantis on the 1989 Specialized I bought recently, middle finger braking is better - still frightening how little power cantis have though, but on anything else it doesn't work as well as index finger braking. Does everyone have a big gap between the grips and the brake lever clamp so the lever only just reaches their finger and won't catch your other fingers when it's pulled to the bar?

Does everyone have a big gap between the grips and the brake lever clamp so the lever only just reaches their finger and won't catch your other fingers when it's pulled to the bar?

Is there another option? If the lever was in next to the grip it would smash my other fingers, when I used my one breaking finger. Suppose a lever could be cut down, but then you would loose the mechanical advantage.

And WTF there's like 300 views and 69 votes. You other 230 people don't use fingers? Is it difficult for you to vote? You clicked on this thread, why not participate...?

Edited by ti-mig-guy