Security Suggestion.

Daniel C

I may look like a bit of a retard saying this but it is worth a try :P

i was wondering, ive been told that police can track your sim card and find out where you are?

so i was wondering if i stick a sim card in where my bottok bracket is on my bike and glue it to the side so it dosent rattle, if i get my bike stolen, wich i hope i dont, would the police be able to track were the sim card is and find my bike?

please dont abuse me on this if i am wrong :$

i was wondering, ive been told that police can track your sim card and find out where you are?

so i was wondering if i stick a sim card in where my bottok bracket is on my bike and glue it to the side so it dosent rattle, if i get my bike stolen, wich i hope i dont, would the police be able to track were the sim card is and find my bike?

They may be able to track a sim-card, as long as it's inside a working phone. So no, don't tape a sim-card to your bike :P

BOTI?

Haha, poor lad!

It has to be inside a phone thats turned on! And as far as Im aware it Triangulates (possible wrong word?) your loaction using masts.. For example..

2e2329f.jpg

Purple is your phone and crosses are the masts..

So the green is actual signals from your phone to the independant masts.. Red si signals between masts..

So they figure out which masts are recieving your signal directly and work out an area that your phone is in. Im pretty certain its not a pin pointed type thing.

I have heard of people doing this with motorbikes. You buy a crappy pay as you go mobile, keep it under your seat and if the bike's ever stolen you can track its location using services such as mobile locate.

Solved, make a seat out of a phone and some gaffa tape just wrap loads of layers of tape around the phone so it looks like a seat then know one will know.

That way youll be able to track your bike down if they nick it, if they change the seat your buggerd though....super glue on the seatpost?

Solved, make a seat out of a phone and some gaffa tape just wrap loads of layers of tape around the phone so it looks like a seat then know one will know.

That way youll be able to track your bike down if they nick it, if they change the seat your buggerd though....super glue on the seatpost?

By the looks of it, that service is only able to loacate your phone to within around 500m radius (the nearest cell tower at the time?). Not particularly useful for tracking the bike down in an urban environment.

For some just deserts, re wire the phone so that the wires to the vibration motor instead go to some kind of electrical ignitor. Have it blow the petrol tank if you phone it. You'll get the bike on insurance anyway.

Make sure the phone doesn't vibrate when the battery gets low or you're going to want to keep that f**ker charged while it's in the garage.

Edited by Extreme_biker0

DataDot for security. It's not a tracking system, it's pepper flake sized wafers with a 16 digit #. They can be sprayed into BB, handlebars, inside rims, and hubs. It is readable by a 6X scope, and most law enforcement carry them in there cars. They put this stuff all over all new Toyota vehicles, and Nissan HID lights. So small you can hardly see them, hit it with a black light they show up, pick one off, check the # and "wammo" you get your bike back. This requires finding the culprit, or pawned bike, so it's not exactly fool proof. Just the only way to get past a ground off serial #.

Not what you asked for, but it is my best invention ever-I made the original adhesive, (but I don't make a dime so I'm not advertising.)

For some just deserts, re wire the phone so that the wires to the vibration motor instead go to some kind of electrical ignitor. Have it blow the petrol tank if you phone it. You'll get the bike on insurance anyway.

That's some GTA S**t. Haha.

There are some very small GPS tracking systems for pets. Regional service so I can't find anything for the UK when I search from here. I would think if it can be added to a cat collar then it would be small and lite enough for most people. There are several services here that you anly pay for when they switch it on to locate the animal, so there is no monthly membership fees.