My Crank Snapped!

Sean___John

Basically i went to gap to a curb and my crank snapped clean off and i fell and to one side and slammed my knee on the corner of a curb. :(

ill be without my bike for a while now :( until i save up to get some new cranks instead of these sh*ty Onza T-bird cranks :angry::(

DSC00430.jpg

DSC00431.jpg

DSC00432.jpg

DSC00433.jpg

I officially hate ONZA!!!!!

Basically i went to gap to a curb and my crank snapped clean off and i fell and to one side and slammed my knee on the corner of a curb. :(

ill be without my bike for a while now :( until i save up to get some new cranks instead of these sh*ty Onza T-bird cranks :angry::(

I officially hate ONZA!!!!!

lol, im not surprised.

Hope you didnt hurt your leg to much :blink:

Edited by JoshW

i had those cranks until 2 days ago when they rounded and are now officially buggered.

also i used my crank extractor to try and take the cranks off my other onza, and i cannot get them off!!

ive tried everything, shocking it off and using a metre long extension bar, (eventually my crank extractor broke!!!).

They're budget cranks, they're not going to last a lifetime, especially when they start being given real abuse

Don't slate Onza for offerring budget parts on budget bikes, just accept that this is what happens, and move on :)

What are you trying to say mate <_<

Calm down :P

I'm simply saying that they are budget cranks, picked out of some generic catalogue, that allow Onza to spec their bikes at a low price

Hell, it's off a T-Bird, you don't expect it to live up to much do you?

Trials puts lots of strange forces on bikes and parts, even without taking big knocks things can and will break

It hardly makes Onza a shit company or whatever, it's just the way things go

Looks prettyy bad, how did you do it?

well i was riding down town and i was messing around on this curb gapping to it and stuff and on the second go i kicked and the crank just snapped off sending me flying and i landed on my knee on the corner of my curb and i had a look at the crank and i cant see any reason why it would have snapped :S

well i was riding down town and i was messing around on this curb gapping to it and stuff and on the second go i kicked and the crank just snapped off sending me flying and i landed on my knee on the corner of my curb and i had a look at the crank and i cant see any reason why it would have snapped :S

the cranks are made for beginners mate, dont expect to much there £24 a set. once you start giving them proper trials abuse they wil break.

If it had been knocked before (in fact, even if it hadn't it could have been under weird stresses, which wouldn't really be clear from 'having a look at it') it could have snapped when it did. Think it lucky it went then not on the edge of a big drop or something

At the end of the day, it's a £20 crank so it's not the end of the world, but yeah it can be a little frustrating

Check out the FS section, get yourself something more suitable for the job, and be happy with your upgrade

I must say that your coment has got my back up a little.

Monkey Boy is totally right - The cranks are a budget pair and not up to much abuse at all. You're obviously fairly new to the sport and don't realise the stresses you've put the cranks through when hopping up walls to bash and sidehopping to crank etc. As you've progressed the cranks just couldn't take it, it was bound to happen.

Onza have supplied the market with a cheap product which makes the sport more accessible, which i aplaude in fairness. But you must realise that in this sport things will/do break and you will burt yourself. I've seen a crank go and a guy break his ankle, so count yourself lucky!

When you buy some new cranks get some echos etc as they will last much longer and aren't too expensive (relatively). But do not slate Onza as they have done a lot for the sport. Although i choose not to use Onza products i've seen them in use and the upper end products are very good!

Best of luck,

Neil

Don't blame childhood obesity on me!

haha, that may have knocked the aids quote out of my sig :P

As for the cranks, they're basic stuff really, not made for a beating. The stresses from things such as drops (like i can see in your avatar) can hugely contribute to breakages, especially when the components aren't made for it.