360 Gyro On A Trials Bike

mista-neos

i was watching the yohan video (hes the man) and i seen him doing some flat land BMX sort of stuff on his MBK, i discussed this with some of my friends that ride bmx and they said it will be "imposible" to have a liquid gyro :P. Is it and if it isnt im thing of doing it.

Thanks Blake

i was watching the yohan video (hes the man) and i seen him doing some flat land BMX sort of stuff on his MBK, i discussed this with some of my friends that ride bmx and they said it will be "imposible" to have a liquid gyro :P. Is it and if it isnt im thing of doing it.

German company Trickstuff make a hydraulic gyro:

http://www.trickstuff.de/index.php?p=d51en1

Or just run your lines long enough that you can rotate the bars 360 degrees but you need to rotate them back afterwards.

In a way, but I'd rather have a vastly lighter setup, one that wasn't as prone to leaks (Not even mentioning that I think most of them are set up with seals for DOT fluid, not mineral oil) and one that didn't cost as much. A longer cable for your Magura is a load lighter, less complicated and cheaper than bodging a crappy gyro on...

theres a couple of hydro gyros out at the moment. I remember Identit playing with one on the new jekyll that was integrated into the headtube but I can't remember what the hell it was called. Theres that tr!xer one and the atomlab one too

But wasn't Danny Holroyd using/testing one?

In a way, but I'd rather have a vastly lighter setup, one that wasn't as prone to leaks (Not even mentioning that I think most of them are set up with seals for DOT fluid, not mineral oil) and one that didn't cost as much. A longer cable for your Magura is a load lighter, less complicated and cheaper than bodging a crappy gyro on...

A certain rider I know has just got a hydro gyro for his new rig

I really hope he spots this thread :giggle:

haha - maybe he has ....

In a way you are right, it may be crap, but then again I dont intend to be learning whips or barspins in both directions (not straight away anyway !!) and hate the idea of having to "unwind". I have the atomlab one and am going to be using it on my new 24" with hope discs. to be honest I bought it as an experiment. Its certainly a neat solution if it works, and if it doesnt I will just run a long cable again - it wasnt that pricey.

Ill let everyone know how i get on in a week or so...

RJ

in my video i have a couple of tailwhips (and that was a while back when i wasnt that good at them.

the trick is to have you front brake cable down you fork tube so that it doesn't tangle. (the front brake cable will obviously tangle more than the rear).

after doing a tailwhip my rear hose doesnt tangle it just turns over onto the otherside of the frame. you must remember to turn your bars back after a trick othwise you will end up snapping a lot of hoses.

also i suggest investing in a seat or a booster because in learning tricks like that landing on the crossover of a maggie is quite common!!!

i may post picks of my brake setups... thanks

Edited by tris