Erm... Here It Is.

The Duck

Ok so, kept it pretty low profile. Nobody new what I was getting, or when I was getting it. Just been in my road on it so far, feels f**king nice, not just saying it because I've splashed the cash. I'm yet to go for a proper ride, the front brake is wank (needs bedding in), but it gaps, effortlessly.

Thought I'd get slated for having it, and not being Bessell/Dan Ko standard, but I've worked hard for it and I wanted to treat myself.

Massive thanks to Adam, Ali and Stan for sorting me out.

Will update later when I've been out for a proper ride...

DSC_0254.jpg

DSC_0255.jpg

DSC_0259.jpg

DSC_0258.jpg

DSC_0256.jpg

Pictures don't do it justice really, had the camera on auto because I'd been woken up by the delivery man and was still half asleep. Beautiful (in my opinion) in the flesh. Might change a couple of bits eventually. I'm also yet to weigh it, because its not quite how I want it. (Not enough Ti bolts, peadals are gay as, not too sure about the stem yet either).

Bit of a change from the Ozonys!

Thanks for all the comments! :turned:

Just got back from riding it...

*Note before reading - I am being honest, as before, I'm not dreaming it up because I've spent big bucks on it*

Oh my god!! Its crazy nice. Its really strange when I sidehop, in a good way, I go to sidehop and the front wheel goes as far as you expect it to, and the back just keeps going up. Its like miraculous, don't understand it at all. Taps feel really nice, static to back - really nice, static wheel swaps - really nice, gaps to front - really nice...

The only time the length is even vaguely noticeable, is when you front to back, you have to make sliiiightly more effort to get the back on intact and keep it there. Doesn't bother me at all.

On my 'zonys I ran 18-16 gearing, which seemed spot on. I'm running 18-15 on the Boxx, with 175 cranks - power house. Makes gapping (as previously mentioned) easy, and helps with most other things.

Also when I just kick it onto the back wheel, it just jumps up almost instantly. Really really responsive.

Anybody who is thinking of a new frame - seriously consider this, if you are anywhere near being able to afford it, sell your body or something. Its worth every penny.

£800 is a MASSIVE amount of money for me, I am by no means well off. Been saving for years and years to be able to afford this and its my pride any joy now. So much so I'm having a data chip installed (through a family friend), similar to the ones that go in your cats and doggys, that only weigh 2-3 grams, so if its nicked it can be identified as mine :) Keeping it in my house though so its not going anywhere...

I'll probably think of something I've missed, but I'd better stop rambling now...

<3

Edit: Aaah yeah - Brake is now absoloutely mental. Sick sick sick.

Edited by Quackers!!

Forgot to mention my happiness at not being slated for it yet, to my face anyway :)

And, the bits changed from standard full koxx spec... High roller rear tyre, soon to have nobbles removed/Amazing front tube - 75g/Trialtech grips/Slightly bigger rear tube. Serious lack of trialtech on there at the moment, which needs to be sorted when I've finished paying my debt for what I've already got...

Don't think I will change the stem just yet, it compliments the geo.