One Finger Braking

Ok I use one finger to brake and most of you other guys probly do to. For the past to days i have had a nasty pain and clicking of my finger and i was wondering wether its due to the way i brake.

Many thanks Blake

Ok I use one finger to brake and most of you other guys probly do to. For the past to days i have had a nasty pain and clicking of my finger and i was wondering wether its due to the way i brake.

Many thanks Blake

Hi Blake,

Sounds nasty. Just a though but, could it be your brake setup? Personally i find that for one finger braking the brake needs to be set up perfectly, as i cant pull the lever with enough force. If the setup isnt perfect then this could put extra strain on your finger when braking as you would need to pull the lever harder. I still use two fingers. :giggle:

It could just be overuse, maybe u've just been riding too much (theres no such thing as too much riding!!). I'd just cut down on riding or ride mellow for a few days to let your finger recover.

Get well soon Finger

Jamie

Many thanks Blake

Youll get used to it.

Just dont ride for a while and itll be fine, i dunno like a week or something.

Try putting an elastic band from the bar to the lever, its makes the lever blades easier to pull, theres a pic of it on stans ozonys in the bike pictures thread.

Edit : pic.

Ok might have to try that one.

Youll get used to it.

Just dont ride for a while and itll be fine, i dunno like a week or something.

That's quite possibly the stupidest thing to say in this situation.

You say he'll get use to it, but then ell him to give up?

To get used to it, he'll have to carry on.

Anyway, i've never heard of a finger clicking whilst braking, so maybe it's worth getting checked out.