Help Viz Hub! 20"

0zzy

well last week i snapped the axle in my viz hub so i bought a new one off super cycles the t-master 07 one, them and tarty both confirmed it would fit correctly so i see no problems there. but after fitting the new axle into the hub it seems to wooble a tiny bit side to side, i remember my hub doing this before is it suposed to happen andd how can i stop it :S? and its getting worse so ive stopped riding atm.

cheers ozzy.

well last week i snapped the axle in my viz hub so i bought a new one off super cycles the t-master 07 one, them and tarty both confirmed it would fit correctly so i see no problems there. but after fitting the new axle into the hub it seems to wooble a tiny bit side to side, i remember my hub doing this before is it suposed to happen andd how can i stop it :S? and its getting worse so ive stopped riding atm.

cheers ozzy.

Ha, i did exactly the same thing, really are terrible hubs.

Are the bearings in properly? Are the cones tightened properly? Did the old axle wear or distort the hub?

One of those could be your problem.

its fine the insides look brand new :S thats why i dont understand it.

Hey,

It sounds like when you re-installed the bearings into the hub shell, you haven't compressed it enough into the hub shell, so therefore the hub has a bit of play in it where the axle isn't fully held in place by the 2 bearings.

Basically the axle is held in place by 2 bearings and if there is a small gap between the bearing and the flange on the axle (Where the bearing rest on) this will create a slight movement. So all you have to do is to compress the bearings in more until there is no movement and then install the outer spacers, maybe you tighten these as they hold the bearings in place and stop them from coming out.

I hope this helps(Y)

Thanks,

Dan@Trials-UK

You sure it's not the bearing's moving slightly in the hub shell? If the axle snapped and you didn't notice straight away, you might've distorted the hub shell slightly meaning the bearings aren't 100% seated correctly.

Na thats not it, those bearings were bloddy solid to get in - so theres no play between the hubshell and bearing.

I still reackon its just spoke flex Ozzy, I couldn't see any movement in the hub when you showed me how the wheel moves from side to side. Maybe the spokes are a little loose?