A Toast To Old Friends

Dr. Nick Riviera

Yeah they originally came out in two sizes for some inexplicable reason - 11" and 14" I think. Something like that anyway. I guess that's the 14" version.

Are you sure? There were two distinct prototypes, one to Petr Kraus's geometry, and one to Kris Leesons, but I thought only one production frame was ever available.

Are you sure? There were two distinct prototypes, one to Petr Kraus's geometry, and one to Kris Leesons, but I thought only one production frame was ever available.

Yeah there were two different ones in production,

I'm pretty sure the Petr Kraus one was 12" frame, and the larger one was, as said, 14".

Wish I had a pic of my old Petr Kraus one, Loved it so much!

My two bikes at the time... around 1999 i think. Can't find the bigger version of this image so for those that can't see them it is a Beta Techno and a Sunn team issue.

trialspictures007.jpg

... funny thing is... i am still using most of the same cycle parts on my Giant frame :D

Edited by r2wtrials

• 2 weeks later...

2nd trials bike! first was a saracen x-ile with mostly the same componets!

i bought it when they first started selling the black giants, i think it was 2003 or 2004!

loved that bike!

gallery_970_478_1104358086.jpg

Edited by HarshRider

med_gallery_24_419_1098742606.jpg

2002 or possibly 03 I'd say. One of the first ever ES2's into the country at the time I believe.

Duuuuuude, loved those early Echo Stock frames with the dragon stickers on :) Remember your frame/setup as one of the best bikes of the time colour scheme-wise and what-not (Y)

Cresent's were also an early favourate of mine, I got to ride one as Wing who lives near me had one, the frame was so light but kind of had a tinny(?) sound to it... :ermm:

I'll get a few pics up of mine in a sec..

Edit:

Da Bomb:

gallery_242_442_1097504597.jpg

Megamo Rookie/Expert:

gallery_242_442_1097504701.jpg

Onza T-Bone Proto Original:

gallery_242_442_1097504813.jpg

Later Onza T-Bone Proto:

gallery_242_442_1097504897.jpg

Olly.

does anyone rember that website called sidehop?

im sure it was called that anyway

Yeah www.sidehop.co.uk it was Adam Wilsons website wasn't it? What a fricking rider he was.

Here's my old school bad boy. 2001ish I believe.

Do I remember reading that the first echo frames the ES1's had a sticker on the top tube that said "Hardbone"? I think it was meant to translate to "Strong Spine" or something meaning the top tube because it was curved. I think I got that from trialsin because I seem to remember the american importer saying something about having to take the "hardbone" stickers off. I may very well have made all this up though lol.

Hey,

Here's a mixture of semi-New skool and some old skool pics:D, I will have to find some old pictures of rigs as they're on actual photographs rather then JPG(N) No computer technology back in the days :giggle:

pictures-image-136.jpg

2003 Pitbull - Echo Factory Wheels - Megamo Cranks - ACS - Echo Stem/ Bars - Urban forks - Magura Marta/ HS33 - Supa Trial Tyres

pictures-image-137.jpg

Brisa B26D - Panaracer/ Mich Comp 24 - Mavic/ Hope Front wheel - Brisa Bar/ Stem - Fatty Forks - Burns Cranks

pictures-image-138.jpg

Speed Race (Only one in the UK) - VIZ Forks - Echo factory rear wheel/ CNC Rim - First ZOO Cranks/ Bash

pictures-image-139.jpg

Echo Pure 04/5 - 2nd Gen echo cranks - VIZ Proto forks/ Rear hub

pictures-image-140.jpg

Echo 05 Team -

pictures-image-141.jpg

Echo 05 Control - Factory build

pictures-image-142.jpg

Echo Urban -koxx Forxx - Shimano 105 Mech/ XT Rapid Shift - First gen Koxx rear wheel - Koxx Bar/ Stem - Megamo Cranks/ Bash - ACS

pictures-image-143.jpg

Echo Team 04 - Monty Bar/ Stem - Monty Wheels - Koxx Forks - ACS - Legendary Echo Supa Tires!

pictures-image-144.jpg

BT Raven 4.0 (One of the first in UK)

pictures-image-145.jpg

Zoo Pitbull 04 one of the first to hit the UK

pictures-image-146.jpg

Echo 04 Team - Proto VIZ Stem/ Bars - Proto VIZ Carbon Forks

pictures-image-147.jpg

Echo Hifi ....

pictures-image-148.jpg

Echo ES3

pictures-image-149.jpg

Zoo Lynx