Maggie Problem Help!

thewoomaster

Hey dude's,

I got 06 maggies and i threaded the clamp on the rear body, so i swap over the maggie body from the front to the rear.

Now there's no bite when i pull the lever, its like just pulling air but have re-bled maggie has no air in it etc. The pads move when i pull the lever but only when its right back to the grip? Have tighten the lever up as far it will go but still the same?

Does the front maggie have a larger pistion to the rear or something? Dont have a clue why took to shop and they did'nt know why it ant working?

Its a echo 08 lever on a 06 maggie. Any ideas guys?

Thanks (Y)

Thewoo

Sounds like a bad bleed to me. Wind the adjuster right out and bleed again...

Have done this twice, and so did the dude in bike shop, there's 100 percent oil in, no airlocks what so ever he ran the oil through like 3 or 4 times.

Had the lever in etc.. This why i cant work it out. :o

The 06 Maggies are the ones with the dial integrated into the lever rather than on the front of the lever? I found these a pain to bleed compared to the previous models. You have to pump the lever while running oil through them to get all the air bubbles out (This worked first time for me, while bleeding them like I used to for older models was unsuccessful). You can check the brake has been filled while the bleed syringe is attached and the bleed port at the lever closed by pulling the lever while looking for either movement in the brake blocks or syringe or serious leaking from the brake - this saves a bit of time as you don't have to opening and closing all the bleed ports to test the brake for correct filling.