Got A Flat But With No Puncture?

sideburns(dnt ask)

Hi guys,

Basically as the title says on my front wheel i will pump it up but about 30 minuties later it's almost completely empty.

At first i thought it was my inner tube with an unspotted flat but i tried it about an hour ago with a brand new inner tube and tire

came back to it now and its flat again.

any ideas

peace

Fill your bath/sink with water, pump up a tube, then move it section by section through the water (including the top of the valve stem, 'cos that could be slightly f**ked and be letting a little air out).

Either way, you did check over all your tyre and rim tape to make sure that there wasn't something small jabbing through which could give you a really, really small hole in your tube (And therefore your new tube when you put that in)?

If your tyres are letting down air, then your tube is letting out air no matter what, unless someone's dicking you around and is letting your tyre down...

slightly off topic but my car tyre had a slow puncture, took it to a normal garage and he said he couldn't find it. Then I took it to ats ATS and he found it was actually the dustcap being overtightened and slowly pressing down on the valve.

True story.

Fill your bath/sink with water, pump up a tube, then move it section by section through the water (including the top of the valve stem, 'cos that could be slightly f**ked and be letting a little air out).

Either way, you did check over all your tyre and rim tape to make sure that there wasn't something small jabbing through which could give you a really, really small hole in your tube (And therefore your new tube when you put that in)?

If your tyres are letting down air, then your tube is letting out air no matter what, unless someone's dicking you around and is letting your tyre down...

My friend's Dad did that to me a few months back. We no longer speak but I went inside to hang with his son for the evening and when I came out my tire was flat. I pumped it right back up but still, wtf?