New Front Wheel

AdamR28

TI are definately not worth the hassle, they seem to be more brittle to me. When I get a real job I've promised myself some new wheels, I think the front will have to be a carbon copy of this beast!

i would have to disagree about the ti spokes, not talking about monty ones as i have found them shit in the past, but iv ran wheels with ti spokes for ages and one of them was one of the strongest wheels iv ever had (single speed king with DT ti spokes alu nips and built on a mavic 519) REAR ran this on the rear for over a year and when it was debuilt it was as true as the day it was built this was back in 2003-2004

also had a front wheel with ti spokes which had no problems with

only problem that can happen with ti spokes is that they can seaze up in the nipples then they tend to snap when you try to remove them, but if they are preped right before being built then you dont have a problem

In the words of Bob Fossil 'Holy shit sauce' that is mint, how much would that cost to build?

Holy shit sauce( :P) that looks awesome.

Will be interesting to see how long it holds up for, sometimes i wish i ran a bike shop.

i would have to disagree about the ti spokes, not talking about monty ones as i have found them shit in the past, but iv ran wheels with ti spokes for ages and one of them was one of the strongest wheels iv ever had (single speed king with DT ti spokes alu nips and built on a mavic 519) REAR ran this on the rear for over a year and when it was debuilt it was as true as the day it was built this was back in 2003-2004

also had a front wheel with ti spokes which had no problems with

only problem that can happen with ti spokes is that they can seaze up in the nipples then they tend to snap when you try to remove them, but if they are preped right before being built then you dont have a problem

That's what i was trying to say :)

Its ok having all this light stuff but in the end yu have to meet in the middle as, ok its light but it wont stand even a couple hard rides as it will start to show signs of giving way such as dents, becoming untrue etc. so i think that if you meet n the middle you have a good balnce between strength and weight.

Its ok having all this light stuff but in the end yu have to meet in the middle as, ok its light but it wont stand even a couple hard rides as it will start to show signs of giving way such as dents, becoming untrue etc. so i think that if you meet n the middle you have a good balnce between strength and weight.

Not necessarily?

Light can be strong, it just won't always be cheap :P

It's all back to the old "Light, strong and cheap, choose 2" thing really

The wheel will stand up to it, Unlike stock mod wheel builds are alot stronger as there smaller so dont suffer from becomeing untrue flat spotting the same and a strong wheel build will last ages even with a light set up. The hub should stand up to a beating as koxx are the best at knowing where to take weight from and keeping a decent amount of strenght. And i should think the rim will last long enough as he doesnt ride into walls head on. Also if you have the money for the epxensive light parts you dont expect them to last forever and are willing to replace them eventually.

Be a man, get a Echo! ;)

:P

On a serious note, when's the new rear rim going to be finished? I've been wondering about modding mine, but it's a Monty TI and they are not the strongest of rims as standard. :-

• 4 months later...

My front wheel weights 8,2kg.

Rim: Forged low carbon steel with stainless walls welded onto 2,5kg.

Hub: Steel hub with disc mount 1,2 kg

Spokes: Forged steel rods 6mm 800g

Nipples: M8 screw nuts 200g

Disc: 5mm stainless 300g

Disc bolts: M10 bolts 200g

Tubless tyre: So thick that it doesn't need a tube 3kg

Hahaha! :giggle: I'm sorry but I just couldn't resist.

That's crazy light, when does it stop?

What's next, nano constructed metals that has a crystalline foam structure to reduce the material.... ?