New Front Wheel

AdamR28

My new front wheel (at unbuilt stage)... Thought I needed to add some pimpness and save some weight, hehe.

Try-All 'H' 100 disc hub, White Trialtech spokes, Black alloy Halo nipples and a Monty 221 Kamel front rim:

wheel.jpg

Doesn't really mean much as just a number... so here's a front 20" Echo rim:

echo.jpg

:D

Ads

ffs, i need to get some of that shit

That's right... really light dual disc mods for the win eh? :P

You reckon you could save even more weight my drilling the sidewalls??

What tire, tube, rimtape and fun bolts will you be using??

I could but... it would be like 10g, I can't be arsed, and I wanna keep the bike fully un-modded.

Will be a Try-All tyre, normal 20" tube, clear parcel tape rim tape and Ti axle bolts (straight off my bike as it is now). Might look into a silly light front tube as well... Don't want some crappy BMX tyre as grip is important IMO.

That's right... really light dual disc mods for the win eh? :P

haha, you know i cant say a word, except for, super light short mods

full bike pic? also, is that wheel just laced or has it been tightened? because if its not then after tightening, you could cut the ends off too

Edited by Ash-Kennard

haha, you know i cant say a word, except for, super light short mods

full bike pic? also, is that wheel just laced or has it been tightened? because if its not then after tightening, you could cut the ends off too

The sign of a true wheel builder bum bandit bodger!!!

.........Say that ten times fast!

:P

Hey Adam, could you specify the weights of the rim and spokes separately? Would like to see, where I can save some more grams. My new front wheel is Dob (335g) + Dt Champion spokes (152g) + Dartmoor alu nipples (10g) + Chosen hub (80g)=577g. I thought it was already a superlight wheel. Apparently I was wrong :)

"Chosen" hub? One of these things http://www.chosen-hubs.com/pro-detail.php?...d=48&id=253

That's pretty light, not sure what my front wheel is, shouldn't be too much more. Dob rim 318g, Neon hub 150g, and standard Mutiny spokes/nipples. Around 600g's full weight I'm thinking?

Edited by Alex-Mitchinson

Hey Adam, could you specify the weights of the rim and spokes separately? Would like to see, where I can save some more grams. My new front wheel is Dob (335g) + Dt Champion spokes (152g) + Dartmoor alu nipples (10g) + Chosen hub (80g)=577g. I thought it was already a superlight wheel. Apparently I was wrong :)

you picked heavy spokes, 2mm no need for front wheel

"Chosen" hub? One of these things http://www.chosen-hubs.com/pro-detail.php?...d=48&id=253

That's pretty light, not sure what my front wheel is, shouldn't be too much more. Dob rim 318g, Neon hub 150g, and standard Mutiny spokes/nipples. Around 600g's full weight I'm thinking?

It's another hub model - A1266B:

http://allegro.pl/item361234391_chosen_a12...rzod_szosa.html

you picked heavy spokes, 2mm no need for front wheel

The problem is Dt Swiss does not make lighter spokes for 20' wheels. They start from 200mm. I need 180mm :(

Edited by Zordon