Britain's Got Talent

Hendrix

What do you think?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Is the whole thing a great idea, or a money making scheme?

• Great Idea
    • Money Making Scheme

Now,

I know we've had Britain's Got Talent for a few years now, and although we've seen some good people come from it, do you really think it's worth it. Is it just a money making scheme by ITV?

Opinions would be good!

This Years Winner (and I will admit, that was a very good performance)

Youtube Video ->Original Video

I thought it looked like he was having a fit... I liked Paul Potts last year and thought those electric orchestra girls were pretty good but the kid who won was just... meh.

That was because they had short skirts on ;)

That was because they had short skirts on ;)

Nah, not really. I genuinely liked what they were doing and the whole classical/rock Vanessa Mae thing was cool. Certainly preferred what they were doing to the Billy Elliotalike.

Thought the kid who won was (a bit) shit to be honest he's got (some) talent but if that's all Britain could offer I'm shocked.

Agreed. (Y)

I'm pretty sure there were people in the auditions who did dancing...and alot better than he did, yet just the fact they werent his age meant that it wasnt good enough.

maybe im just a cynic and i hate these kinda shows anyway.

It so happened that on Friday night I was in a house with a TV (I don't own one you see, and I'm proud) and I put on this talent thing. Anyway, I watched the performance of that Asian bird with the sob story about living in the Phillipines (or wherever), and then she did her song and it had a picture of the kids up there behind her, and I could've puked. What utter rubbish. Thankfully good old Cowell had the balls to tell her that it was about talent, not who had the saddest story.

Of course it's a money making idea. As Dr Nick says, that's what TV is. It's a means to get money from you, and force feed you adverts. There are fifteen thousand and two other better things that you could be doing instead of watching TV.

That Faryl lass was good but there are so many more competitions that are all about singing and I personally dont think singers should be able to get so far with it.

There is a lot more variety out there with the likes of the Indian Michael Jacksons and the Violinists who do something a bit different where they wouldn't otherwise get recognised. I bet that that Faryl lass will get snapped straight up anyway where the dancers and comedians will just have to go back to the day jobs and settle for their 15minutes of fame

Edited by GaZaa

That Faryl lass was good but there are so many more competitions that are all about singing and I personally dont think singers should be able to get so far with it.

There is a lot more variety out there with the likes of the Indian Michael Jacksons and the Violinists who do something a bit different where they wouldn't otherwise get recognised. I bet that that Faryl lass will get snapped straight up anyway where the dancers and comedians will just have to go back to the day jobs and settle for their 15minutes of fame

Rediculous. It's about talent.

Rediculous. It's about talent.

Yea course it is but there are so many singing competitions out there. Give something different a foot in the door for a change. There were so many good singing acts on there including that young lad but theres no doubt that just making the auditions that they are well set up now.

Obviously singers are always going to go far in competitions like this but the point i was trying to make is that every other Saturday night 'entertainment' programme contains people singing to reach a final, as in X-Factor and I'd do anything etc etc. Maybe I'm just been small minded so hmm

I'm sick of these "follow me around for weeks while I practice something, then do it live for 3 minutes and get judged by 4 complete twats at the end" shows.

Dancing on X Factor's Pop Idol Ice Are Alive With The Sound Of Strictly Got Dancing Talent.

Piss off with it, rigged voting, judges that only give a reaction to get a reaction... Simon "Cock" Cowell being nasty just to get viewers... It's all balls.

Sorry, I hate to moan but I hate this junk - the sooner they scrap these generic shows the better.