Aren't Tensile Cranks Meant To Be Good?

stunt man t

I reaaallly did not understand that at all?

What I gathered from it is your trying to say that Tensile (the brand) have designed the cranks, with the stress points (opposed to tensile strength) in the wrong point, or just with a hench stress point an overlooked it?

I don't think tensile strength is what you meant, as tensile strength is what sort of load they will break under, not at what point the tensile strength is at its highest or weakest across the crank arm?

I reaaallly did not understand that at all?

What I gathered from it is your trying to say that Tensile (the brand) have designed the cranks, with the stress points (opposed to tensile strength) in the wrong point, or just with a hench stress point an overlooked it?

I don't think tensile strength is what you meant, as tensile strength is what sort of load they will break under, not at what point the tensile strength is at its highest or weakest across the crank arm?

well when i replaced them the first time,

supercycles did say they had problems and they do allway's break in the same place,

because it is its weakest point,

i think ill get sum echo ones next

uhh this happens 24/7 iv seen snaped pairs jus like this a million times and also done it myself (Y)

these cranks realy do suck, echo cranks are cheaper and twice as strong

however i did find a use for my snaped crank arm when i badly cracked my forks before a big london ride

uhh this happens 24/7 iv seen snaped pairs jus like this a million times and also done it myself (Y)

however i did find a use for my snaped crank arm when i badly cracked my forks before a big london ride

:blink:

that must be the crazyest quick fix ive ever seen,

but as the cranks arnt much good for trials i suppose u made the best use for em

Stupidest thing I ever did see....

i think this thread is the best thing posted on here in years.

true fact.

what i cant understand is on tartybikes website,

they say there top of the range cranks,

but are they?

specialy for 99 quid,

suppose there top of the range price but are they worth it, if they keep snaping?

i dont think so

what i cant understand is on tartybikes website,

they say there top of the range cranks,

but are they?

Not sure I'm reading you correctly, but if I am... top of the range simply means that they are the top of the range out of the Onza/Tensile cranks available. They are not claiming that Tensiles are superior (or inferior for that matter) to any other cranks available from any manufacturer.

Not sure I'm reading you correctly, but if I am... top of the range simply means that they are the top of the range out of the Onza/Tensile cranks available. They are not claiming that Tensiles are superior (or inferior for that matter) to any other cranks available from any manufacturer.

oh,

i thought top of the range ment out of the market of cranks? :$

but then again they are the best i suppose from the onza/tensile range

supose they are the best from the onza brand,

i mean the next best are the muscle man cranks

and there wank,

since ive bin riding,

all my money has been spent in supercycles,

havnt bought anyfing deng,

maybe i should?

• 4 weeks later...
oh,

i thought top of the range ment out of the market of cranks? :$

but then again they are the best i suppose from the onza/tensile range

supose they are the best from the onza brand,

i mean the next best are the muscle man cranks

and there wank,

since ive bin riding,

all my money has been spent in supercycles,

havnt bought anyfing deng,

maybe i should?

my fork bodge lasted a whole london ride with some half decent taps :D

but yea, iv used all the diff makes and deng does seem to last the longest by far, especialy cranks...

the first time they snaped was like in decemember!

so there only 5 months old mate, and i aint a heavy rider!

dont you think though, if ur on a ledge about to drop, you cant afford to have parts thatll snap on u like these have with me,

there dangerous!

there Tensile, there ment to able to cope with the strees trials gives them,,,,

THEY SHOULDNT SNAP!!!

im riding a magnesium dob frame, superlight. im aware that it could snap today it could snap in a few months time, in the end it WILL snap.....same applies for your cranks! trials products are not designed to last forever! simple!

(and ive just noticed this was bumped one month on >_< )

Edited by Bearded Midget

Its happend to quite alot off people now, hence onza giving half price replacements

Onza/Tensile's half price crash replacement scheme applies to everything they make though, pretty much, so it's not like they've brought it in 'cos some people are snapping cranks?

Yeah I was going to say, its a company wide offer, it applies to everything. So stuff breaking isnt the cause of the half price replacements they were brought in on thier own.

That's a 'true fact' (Compared to a 'false fact', no doubt...)? The other bit just didn't really make any sense anyway, apart from the 'they break' bit.

The bracketed bit made me actually lol.

I know no one gives a toss what I say, But this is a TRUE fact. Andrai Burton, Joe Seddon, Scott Wilson, Gaz Merideth, Karl Donnerly........you get where I'm going with this. None of them have broken these cranks.

Danny Butler And Ben Slinger ran them for years with out breaking them. In fact Danny has transfered them on to His Atomz bike and ran them at this years UCI worlds. (I don't sponsor him so he doesn't have to)

Stunt Man T:

I told you that these cranks were breaking in the same place as yours. I did not say we had problems with the cranks. and for £99, They are 'CNC' cranks. Look across the board. Thats how much 'CNC' cranks cost.

Even if they do break quite often, it is a relatively old design in the world of trials. It might only be 4/5 years old or whatever but look at how much the bikes have moved on since then.

Even if they do break quite often, it is a relatively old design in the world of trials. It might only be 4/5 years old or whatever but look at how much the bikes have moved on since then.

How does that affect things?

Middleburn RS7s have been around for almost 10 years at least and havent changed :rolleyes:

A crank is a crank, no other ways to design it :)

Edited by forteh

How does that affect things?

Middleburn RS7s have been around for almost 10 years at least and havent changed :rolleyes:

A crank is a crank, no other ways to design it :)

Yeh of course, that's why all cranks look the same.

Oh wait, hang on....

Glad you agree, the differences in designs is minute.

My point was there are many different ways to design it, and seeing as trials is relatively new the manufacturers are still learning how best to distribute the forces and knocks that trials use puts through them, hence:

Yeh of course, that's why all cranks look the same.

Oh wait, hang on....